Social Icons

7 Jan 2015

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals.

WHAT I'M READING

Over Christmas I read the sequel to The Woman in Black called Angel of Death.  Overall I quite liked it and I'm more eager to see the film now.  There were quite a few parts that I can see being jumpy on screen so looking forward to seeing that.  It doesn't beat the original book of course and it's a shame it wasn't written by the same authour but this one did a good job of sticking to the ghostly creepy.  At times it did fall a bit flat on really setting that spooky atmosphere but still an enjoyable read and I got quite hooked into it.  Full review to follow.

I haven't chosen a new book yet to read so looking forward to doing that this weekend.  I always find that the most exciting part! ^^

WHAT I'M WRITING (+ ONE WRITING GOAL)

I'm quite pleased with myself because over the holidays I took some time to write.  I decided to keep going with the NA supernatural university WiP but doing it long hand.  I won't make any writing goals though because I honestly don't know if I'd have any time to keep going this week when I have quite a few assessments to complete.

WHAT WORKS FOR ME

Long hand seems to working.  Sometimes a word document on the computer screen can be daunting and I definitely find it easier to sit down with a notebook and write.

WHAT ELSE IS NEW

Honestly, not a lot.  It's been back to placement this week and starting to get prepared to start teaching.  Have to admit, not enjoying this school, the children, or the staff but hey ho.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome that you managed to get in some writing over the holidays! I sure didn't. LOL I tend to jot down scads of story notes long hand, but I "write" on the computer. I do get what you mean about that being daunting sometimes, though. Hope you have a great week, Robin. And I also hope this teaching placement goes quickly or gets better, one or the other. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for using the holiday to writing, and good luck with your upcoming assessments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never write in longhand because I can't spell and my handwriting is awful! It looks fun though!

    ReplyDelete