Social Icons

24 Sep 2014

What's Up Wednesday


What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals.


1) What I'm Reading
Getting further into The Neverending Story. I can see why the film ended up changing the story a bit.  It does feel like I've jumped straight into a sequel, with the story going in a new direction now.  But I am really enjoying reading it.

2) What I'm Writing
I'm imagining writing, if that counts. Seriously, no time. People were not kidding when they warned us that a PGCE is the most time-consuming experience you will ever have. Although let's see how I feel in a year's time when I'm, hopefully, in my NQT year.

3) What works for me
I'm glad I spent most of this year doing a lot of writing because now that summer is over and my course has started I've had no time. About the time I started, I was needing a writing break anyway so looking back, I'm glad I worked on things when I had the chance.

4) What else have I been up to?
I volunteered as a zombie for 2.8 Hours Later last Saturday and it was a fantatic experience. It was so much fun getting into the spirit of the game, snarling and screaming at the players. And the reactions were great! A group of lads in superhero costumes were our first group and it was hilarious to see the looks on their faces when I suddenly stopped shuffling around and sprinted right at them. I think that was definitely my favourite part. Watching people suddenly make a mad dash for it when I started to chase them.  Haven't come across any youtube videos yet but someone's posted one on facebook that I'm in which I wish I could share.  I'll have to keep a look out on youtube!

1 comment:

  1. 2.8 Hours Later does sound like so much fun XD

    Best of luck with the PGCE! Working towards your teaching degree must be amazing ^_^

    ReplyDelete