Social Icons

10 Sep 2014

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals.

1) What I'm Reading
Cracking on with The Neverending Story, using my travel time to read more. I never knew how different the film was from the book.  While I love the film, I do also really like the differences in the book but at the same time I wouldn't change anything in the adaptation. 

2) What I'm Writing
I never did reach my last goal for Ready Set Write, or wrote my last post on it.  Towards the end everything was complete chaos.  I didn't get much writing done during the stay in Darlington due to having an awful case of food poisoning, my first ever time and hopefully my last.  Then we got back to Leeds and I spent the last two days of my holiday wanting to chill out and get stuff all organised.  I still haven't done any writing but I'm not pushing myself to make time on purpose.  Need to turn my focus elsewhere.

3) What Else I've Been Up To
I started university on Monday.  It's been terrifying, exciting, stomach churning... there's a whole rollercoaster of emotions going on.  No-one was kidding around when they said the course was intense.  I have 9-5 lectures most days which I got away with when I did my undergraduate.  The travel is long because I decide to commute by bus (works out cheaper) so I'm leaving pretty early and getting home quite late.  That in itself has been tiring. We've already been given assignments, we start school placements in a couple of weeks and I've been sorting out all my folders and notes for the last few days.  It's mental! But I love it! =D

4) What Inspires Me Right Now
I started watching this television programme called Freak Encounters.  It's reality TV where people nominate a friend or relative to do some voluntary work with a few people.  What they don't know is that all these people are actors and their work has been set up to give them a freak encounter with a mythical monster.  Like werewolves, mothman, sasquatch etc.  It's absolutely cruel but I can't help but love it.  And it's inspiring more short stories.  With this and Halloween on the way I'm really feeling the spooky spirit!

8 comments:

  1. I remember commuting to uni by bus. No way could I do it now, so best of luck to you! Think of it as perfect daydreaming time! :D Best of luck with your course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's not bad. We'll see how I feel when it gets to the cold, dark nights though! ^^

      Delete
  2. Freak Encounters sounds fascinating!!! I often wish I could commute by bus so I could get more reading in. I've tried audio books while I drive, but it's not the same as actual reading :) Good luck with University!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hilarious! I feel bad for finding it so amusing because these poor people are genuinely terrified. Like, some have started crying when things got really scary. But I love watching it!

      Delete
  3. I've never actually read The Neverending Story, despite growing up watching the movie. I have a copy of it on my shelf, so I should probably get around to reading it. Hope things go well with university! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The film was my childhood so it's about time I read the book. Been meaning to for a while. It's surprinsingly short. Only 300-or so pages.
      Thanks! ^^

      Delete