Social Icons

4 Aug 2014

Ready. Set. Write! History Lesson

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that is hosted during the months of June, July, and August by Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Alison Miller and Katy Upperman.  If you want to participate you come up with your own writing goals for those three months and check in with a short update every Monday.  This year RSW starts today until August 25th.

 HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:
  • Revise Chapter 7 of Inside the Broom Closet. (Check. Seven is done and I also started on eight.)
  • Read two chapters of Cress. (Check. Read 4 chapters.)
 MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK:
  • Finish Chapter 8.
  • Read two chapters of Cress.
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK: 
I actually had time to do some reading and writing this week until GISHWHES started on Saturday and doing the wierd and wonderful challenges has taken up most of my time.  I think one challenge I'm having is making sure I keep going with the writing.  I can feel myself getting into a writing slump.

A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED:  Back to the rebellious witches:

"As much as you hate your powers, ignoring them will lead to trouble."
  
SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP:
New ideas.  I got a new idea for Ashley, my little witch who refuses to practice.  It's become part of his back story which, at the moment, seems to do a better job at explaining why he acts the way he does.  Much darker and conflicting for him.  Me likes. ^^ Mwahahahaaaa

2 comments:

  1. I hope that slump passes you by ;) I liked the line you wrote. I can see a lot of interesting stuff happening with that. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRESS! I love it!

    And I keep seeing GISHWHES all over Twitter. I have no idea what this is. I should Google it.

    ReplyDelete