Social Icons

30 Jul 2014

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals.

1) What I'm Reading
Getting back into Cress to finish that this summer.  I'm using the last few weeks of Ready. Set. Write to get in some reading goals. 

2) What I'm Writing
I'm leaving my supernatural university WiP for now to concentrate on editing more of Inside the Broom Closet and focus on other tasks like uni work and reading. I might pick the NaNo WiP up again for November but we'll see how much time I'll get.

3) What Else I've Been Up To
Been making the most of the summer hols.  Went to Ilkley Moor today and last week for a pub meal and a walk up to the Cow and Calf.  It's not a very long walk but it's quite impressive to get all the way up and see the view of Ilkley.  Didn't get to see the town itself but that's on the bucket list.  We're definitely making the most of the long holiday to see places.  Next week we're driving down to Kent to stay and have a lot of places planned to visit like Leeds Castle, Dover Castle, and Canterbury so I think it's time to get a few more inspirational setting posts out on the blog! =D

video
 
 4) What Inspires Me Right Now

Ilkley Moor was quite inspiring.  The moors always remind me of An American Werewolf in London where the character gets attacked. I still don't get how he's in a place that is clearly in Yorkshire and then sent all the way down to London but hey ho, I'm not dwelling on it.  The moors are a fantastic spooky setting and I'd love to do something with them one day.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're making the most of your summer break. Enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making the most of being a driver! ^^ I'm loving all these day trips we can go ahead and plan!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, sounds like you've got an amazing roadtrip planned! You'll have to post some of the pictures form the other castles, I've always wanted to visit Canterbury :) Moors just make me think of Wuthering Heights, which in turn makes me think of the bizarre Kate Bush dancing from her video clip with the same name... XD Have a wonderful week!

    - Caitie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be sharing! There are some fantastic places in the UK that would make amazing settings for stories and I'm a big location girl. :)

      Lol! There's that too! And I think The Secret Garden was based there too. :) The Yorkshire Moors are amazing to see.

      Delete