Social Icons

23 Jul 2014

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals.

1) What I'm Reading
Newspapers, uni books, education magazines.  Very non-fictiony at the moment for my course and summer task.
 
2) What I'm Writing
My supernatural university WiP and rebellious witch WiP.  

3) What Else I've Been Up To
 July has been a hectic month.  Work has ended for the summer and this month I've finished the year off with two school trips, doing a bit of teaching myself, getting the classroom ready for next year, and almost sobbing my way through Friday.  It was my last day at the school I work in and now it's time to prepare for university in September! So excited! =D

4) What Inspires Me Right Now   
I had a pre-induction day at my uni last Tuesday to see the campus, meet staff and fellow trainee teachers, and learn more about the course.  The university I'm going to inspired the one my characters attend in the supernatural university WiP so it was nice to see the area and get a good idea of the atmosphere and campus set out.  Also had an annual trip to York which inspired the city the characters have moved to for uni.  Plenty of visiting the actual locations I've based everything on. :) Always inspiring.

4 comments:

  1. That does sound super exciting! Best of luck with university in September. It must be great to know you're moving closer to your dream career ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super envious that you're headed off to university this fall. I miss being in university so much! Honestly, I think I could be a career student. :-) Sounds like you've been really busy, but with all good things, so that's awesome! Have a great week, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to have a real life place to base your fictional school off of! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know what your supernatural university WIP is about but I like the words 'supernatural' and 'university' together so it must be awesome! I love that your current university is inspiring you. Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete