Social Icons

7 Jul 2014

Ready. Set. Write: Winging It

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that is hosted during the months of June, July, and August by Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Alison Miller and Katy Upperman.  If you want to participate you come up with your own writing goals for those three months and check in with a short update every Monday.  This year RSW starts today until August 25th.

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:
  • Edit the rest of Chapter 4 for Inside the Broom Closet. (check)
  • Start on July Camp NaNo. (check)
MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK:
  • Chapter 5 of Inside the Broom Closet.
  • Reach 10k for NaNo project.
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK:
Pantsing on this NaNo project.  So many times I've come to a full stop and felt like I have no idea what to write without a plan but after a break away and a think (with the playlist on repeat) I've gone back to it and just written whatever comes in my head.  It's nice letting the story work things out itself.

A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED:
She felt like a hunched up weed compared to how straight and alert he sat.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP:
Newbie Brandon has been introduced.  He's ready to cause some trouble!      

10 comments:

  1. Good job on your goals last week. Trouble making characters are always fun. Have a great writing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love writing trouble makers! It's so much fun getting into their mindset. ^^

      Delete
  2. Great job meeting your goals this past week, Robin! I like that you're setting goals for yourself that are definitely attainable. I have a tendency to shoot too high and then crash and burn. LOL Thankfully, I was able to remedy that this week. Here's to another productive week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do that too. I always have so many things that I'm tempted to push myself with but it's no use trying to burn yourself out like that.

      Delete
  3. Good job with your goals, and wow, you're doing Camp NaNo too? Go you! Here's to continued momentum this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. :) I haven't done NaNo in a while and really fancied doing camp this year.

      Delete
  4. Troublemakers, FTW! Also, I'm a plotting pantser of sorts. I have a rough outline with beat sheets, but I like to watch how the story unfolds and love the things that surprise me along the way. BUT I do tend to stall from time to time as a result. I don't have a magic answer other than to just sludge through the mucky parts. :) Sounds like you've accomplished a lot though. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying how the story seems to plot itself without me trying to shove it in other directions. It's interesting how things can still come to you when you haven't planned.

      Delete
  5. your line is awesome! i wish i thought of things like that more often!

    ReplyDelete