Social Icons

21 Jul 2014

Ready. Set. Write: The Plague Strikes Back!

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that is hosted during the months of June, July, and August by Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Alison Miller and Katy Upperman.  If you want to participate you come up with your own writing goals for those three months and check in with a short update every Monday.  This year RSW starts today until August 25th.

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:
  • Chapter five of Inside the Broom Closet. (Check)
  • 15K for NaNo WiP. (Got up to 12000)
MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK:
  • Chapter 6 for Inside the Broom Closet.
  • 15k for NaNo WiP.
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK:
It was the last week of term so work was absolutely hectic and I caught yet another cold that finally disappeared on Friday after a week.  So they were the main reasons I didn't get all my targets done.


A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED:

She hip bumped him, grinning. “I can handle moody employers.  And everyone knows you really shouldn’t mess with short people.”

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP:
The grumpy owner of Amber Moon, a witch shop in my NaNo WiP.  Bryce is quite young to be the owner of the shop and there's a reason behind it which I'm keeping quiet on.  Let's just say there's a lot happening with him but I'm love his moody, can't-be-arsed personality that's come about through winging this story.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better! Colds are no fun, no matter what time of year. :(

    Also, loved the line from your story! And your Amber Moon sounds all kinds of awesome and intriguing. Good luck on meeting your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. The shop is my favourite setting so far in this WiP! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy to hear you're feeling better now. Hope this week is a lot better for you! Good job on your goals despite the busyness and the sickness. I like your "Something I love about my WiP" section. He sounds great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed! Work has ended so anyone who has a cold is well away from me now!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you were sick. It is the pits trying to keep on task with our jobs and writing and all that we do when we are not at the top of our game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully it's the last of them for a while. :)

      Delete
  4. Sorry you've been laid low with the lurgy, Robin. I'm glad you're on the mend, and hopefully you have some time to relax now that school's out.

    All the best with your targets this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Been looking forward to having more time to get some projects done.

      Delete