Social Icons

28 Jul 2014

Ready. Set. Write! And Read!

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that is hosted during the months of June, July, and August by Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Alison Miller and Katy Upperman.  If you want to participate you come up with your own writing goals for those three months and check in with a short update every Monday.  This year RSW starts today until August 25th.

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:
  • Chapter 6 for Inside the Broom Closet. (Check)
  • 15k for NaNo WiP. (Check)
MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK:
  • Revise Chapter 7 of Inside the Broom Closet.
  • Read two chapters of Cress.
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK:
Completely winging it is still proving to be quite the challenge.  I definitely write much slower when I don't have a plan or an idea about what's going to happen completely, which doesn't really suit me. I'm thinking of leaving the story there for now and maybe be a NaNo rebel in November to finish it off if time permits.  For now, I need to start limiting the writing and maybe concentrate more on reading and uni homework.

A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED: 
Last one from supernatural university WiP: 

Then he lifted his left foot onto the chair, rolling up his trouser leg and, like his side, the gashes and stitches that should be there were nowhere to be seen.  All he had left were pale scars that should not have fully healed so quickly.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP:
I do love writing NA.  It's been a nice change from YA and I love how much more independent the characters get to be. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching your goals! And I'm a plotting pantser with rough beat sheets that guide me on my first drafts, but I do try to end or start a new writing session by doing a teensy bit of outlining. Even if it's bullet points. Seems to help with the word flow. :) Whatever you decide to do with your project though, you've made awesome progress! I hope the words flow freely for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same as you. I'm really in the middle, not detailing too much but not completely winging it either. :)

      Delete
  2. I love NA as well. I think I think in YA but I write more in NA when it comes to dialog, and subject matter. Good luck with goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YA has always been the genre that comes naturally. I'd rather write about teenagers than adults because it's more interesting and I still feel like I can get into a teenager's head. Mentally I think I'm still a teenager! ^^

      Delete