Social Icons

5 Mar 2014

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals.

1) What I'm Reading
Vicious and it's getting good.  All I'll say so far.  I do love how superpowers can occur in this world. 

2) What I'm Writing
I've been taking a break from writing so nothing really.  It's been nice to step away for a bit and focus on other things. 


3) What Else I've Been Up To
Got into a crafty mood at the weekend, almost bought the whole of Hobbycraft and ended up making this little guy.  He's badly hand stitched but for my first craft's project he's not too bad. ^^ My next projects are mobile/iPod cases.

4) What Inspires Me Right Now
Went to a Steampunk market at Armley Mills at the weekend.  So many people were dressed up and there were loads of different costumes and accessories on sale.  Totally inspiring to look at and get the ideas spinning.  One of these days I will take on the challenge to write Steampunk!

12 comments:

  1. A steampunk market sounds amazing!

    The explanation for superpowers in Vicious was enough to sound right while still throwing out lots of interesting questions. It's a good book ^_^

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a theory you wouldn't dismiss as being too far-fetched. I always love the idea that the 10% part of your brain you don't use is a key to discovering abilities. Linking to science is always fun. ^^

      Delete
  2. Awwww, he's cute! I've never been to any sort of steampunk event--that would be so fun! I will have to look for one and drag a friend along. :P

    And good for you for taking a writing break. That would probably be a healthier option for me than my current "crap I haven't written in five days aaaaah" mindset...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really popular so I'd imagine that you'd find somewhere near you. So many people! And of different ages!

      Delete
  3. Seriously, I'm going to need another bookshelf. Vicious sounds fantastic. Sometimes it's good to take a break from writing. I think that often spurs more ideas. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I really need a second bookshelf with the amount of books I have and the amount of books I want to buy and read. But no space! Maybe that's a good thing...

      Delete
  4. Have to agree with Cole: a steampunk market would be AWESOME! Especially with people roaming around in costume. Very cool. I love the owl you made. :-) I often feel crafty, start projects, and then never finish them. I think I need to start tackling smaller projects that can be finished before I lose interest. As for taking the occasional writing break, I think this is one of the best things that writers can do. It's a great way to give your brain a break and return to your work with fresh eyes. Hope you have a great week, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seriously amazing. I wish I'd dressed up for it. It was one of those events where it brought so many people together for fun.

      A lot of people I know who do crafts started out making small home items like cushioned heart key rings or purses. They're quite quick to make and easy to do hand sewn. :)

      Delete
  5. I read Vicious a couple months ago and I LOVED it. Such a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I picked it up. I read The Near Witch last year and loved it. When I heard this was about superheroes I had to grab it!

      Delete
  6. I'm probably in the opposite place to you with regard to reading: I need to take time out from everything else and try to get caught up with my TBR list! Of necessity, I've given priority to a number of things these past few months, among these has been my novel. Maybe once I start querying, I'll use reading as a way of taking my mind off the inbox. :)

    And CraftProject-1 (you didn't give him/her/it a name, so I've just named him/her/it) looks very good, actually. Well done!

    I hope you have a wonderful week, Robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your owl guy is adorable! And what's a Steampunk Market?? I want one!

    ReplyDelete