Social Icons

17 Feb 2014

Writer Recharge Update #2

For the whole month of February I'm taking part in Writing Recharge where I'm going to track a writing goal and see how I do.  It's generously hosted by Elodie, Katy, Sarah, Liz, and Alison who will also choose five winners at the end for either a query or three chapter critique.  Sign up on Sarah's blog and keep posting an update every Monday there as well or follow on twitter using the hashtag #WriterRecharge.

My goals:
  • Start planning for April Camp NaNo.  I have a horror short story I'd love to work on.
  • Complete the 2nd Draft of Beast Inside.  Just a few more chapters I need to write and I hope to do this by the end of the month. 
  • Write every day.  Even if it's just a little bit.  I want to be in that habit of taking the time to sit and write.  
So far...

I made some more plans to my short story, just outlining the plot for the supernatural antagonist and jotting down a brief plan of the story time-wise.  I also think I may have to do some research on a paranormal myth that I'd love to use in another short story idea.  I love little legends and myths for short stories.  They're perfect for them. 

I've got further into Chapter 37, just about to kill some characters that should lead me into the final showdown! Sounds a bit dramatic there.  I'm aiming for two or three more chapters.  See how much of a cool down is going to be needed.

I did write every day.  Sometimes only a sentence or two.  Sometimes just a bit of planning.  But I never wanted to push myself too much and say I have to write 1000 words a day.  Just little and often to keep it moving but not so much I feel like I'm stressing myself out with word counts and deadlines. 

How did you do this week? Don't forget to add your update to Sarah's blog and see how everyone else is doing. :)

8 comments:

  1. Writing every day is a great achievement, especially when you're not well. Good luck with this week, and I hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiring every day is great! Killing a few characters and getting to the showdown sounds exciting :-) Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool that you're short story plans are going well. I'm still working on my short story--I ought to finish the first draft soon. And only a few chapters from the end of BI? Excellent! May the words come easy, and all the chapters fall into place for you this week, Robin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sentence or two is better than nothing! Don't know if I should be excited or sad for you as you approach the death of one of your characters. Either way it must be an exciting writing time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even a sentence or two is awesome. Writing every day still isn't a goal I'm read to set. I also love how easily you mentioned killing your characters. Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love short story writing...it's such a challenge after you have been focused on loner work for a while. Hope you have a great #writerrecharge week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I did not write everyday. Good job on that! And April Nano? Whaa? Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey what's your user name in Nano? I'll add you! See you there in April!

    ReplyDelete