Social Icons

10 Feb 2014

Writer Recharge #1

For the whole month of February I'm taking part in Writing Recharge where I'm going to track a writing goal and see how I do.  It's generously hosted by Elodie, Katy, Sarah, Liz, and Alison who will also choose five winners at the end for either a query or three chapter critique.  Sign up on Sarah's blog and keep posting an update every Monday there as well or follow on twitter using the hashtag #WriterRecharge.

My goals:
  • Start planning for April Camp NaNo.  I have a horror short story I'd love to work on.
  • Complete the 2nd Draft of Beast Inside.  Just a few more chapters I need to write and I hope to do this by the end of the month. 
  • Write every day.  Even if it's just a little bit.  I want to be in that habit of taking the time to sit and write.  
So far...

I've started doing some research into the inspiration of my short horror story that I want to write for NaNo.  And I've also got my playlist ready and waiting to keep me inspired.

I haven't written every day since I signed up.  I made a good start throughout the rest of last week and then I stopped for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday when we had Pete's sister come to stay.  I felt it might have been a bit too anti-social of me to sit, write and ignore everyone else.  And it's probably a good idea to interact with the rest of humanity now and again.  I'm not a total hermit...

Since I wrote most of last week I managed to finished off Chapter 36 and start Chapter 37. I'd say that was a step closer to the end. :)

How did you do this week? Don't forget to add your update to Sarah's blog and see how everyone else is doing. :)

6 comments:

  1. *sigh* people... socializing... I suppose writers need people, otherwise there'd be no-one to write about (or find horrible ways to kill, if you're Stephen King--yes, I'm still reading THE STAND!). Seriously, though, it sounds like you've done well despite the distractions. I hope this week is even better for you, Robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow and bad weather has been a nice cover for me in staying home and writing. Though, I am looking forward to my writers group this week and celebrating a friend's engagement this weekend. Right now, all I want to do is write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great, Robin! Interacting with other people is indeed quite important or so I find :-) Good luck with your goals for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you made great progress! And yeah...that socializing thing. I'd be very happy most days to hole myself up and ignore the world. My children and husband won't let me. :)

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes life intervenes. Like today. The snow and bad road conditions have me at home :P haha. Hope I am productive! Have a great #writerrecharge week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spending time with people is important but it is hard to balance it with writing, that's for sure. I didn't make my goals this week but I am extra motivated to reach them this time around :) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete