Social Icons

5 Feb 2014

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals.

1) What I'm Reading
Well, I'm finally at the castle in Ash but now I have to go through a lot of back stories for the new introduced characters. *head desk* I just want some spooky moments. I can't help it, I'm an impatient reader.

 2) What I'm Writing
I've signed up for Writer's Recharge to monitor my progress on Beast Inside.  One of my targets has to been write every single day, even if it's just a little bit and start planning a short story for Camp NaNo.  I finished off a chapter of BI last night so I'm doing well so far on my recharge. :)

 3) What Else I've Been Up To
 Not much except catching up with my online forensic science course.  Some of the things I've learned could definitely be of some use for future projects.  It's always been a personal interest of mine but it's been fantastic as writer research.  I've gone and joined two more courses because I may have become addicted.  One on different moons and a fiction writing course.

I like to know new things... I'm very Ravenclaw.

 4) What Inspires Me Right Now
With Pete finishing off one of his writing projects and editing for Miss Cole I've been inspired to keep going as well.  Something about seeing people finish their WiPs and get ready to move on to the next stage brings the motivation for me.

5 comments:

  1. You might find it interesting to look at Goodreads (after you've finished ASH), and check out reader reviews from people who loved it. I know whenever I read books by well-known authors that I expect to be good, and I'm not overly impressed, I want to know what the people who loved the book saw in it. Am I missing something? Is there some level of literary genius on display that I'm totally oblivious to? Or is that style just not my cuppa?

    I'm still interested at checking out those courses sometime... not sure when, but they're on my radar. :)

    Have a great week, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Writer Recharge!
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Team Robin! Hope Writer Recharge is super successful for you.

    Enjoy all your classes. They do sound really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning to sign up to Writer Recharge. I only just came across it :) have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, that Moons course sounds fascinating! I'm totally Ravenclaw as well, so I get your love of learning new things. I'd love to do something like that as well. I'd also love to get back into the habit of writing every day, even if it's only Monday through Friday. I used to be in that habit and then got seriously derailed. Here's hoping we both meet that goal!

    ReplyDelete