Social Icons

29 Jan 2014

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals.

1) What I'm Reading
Ash is still a slow read.  I'm about 100 or so pages in and we've finally got to the castle.  I'm really hoping as soon as we set foot in there the haunting begins.  I've also been reading Miss Cole's Space!Story manuscript which I'm definitely enjoying more.  I think this is the first Sci-Fi book I've read and I love it.  Makes me want to read more!

 2) What I'm Writing
I've written a bit more on Beast Inside and these chapters  are definitely the last few scenes.  I don't think my characters could gather the strength for more vampire trouble.  Once these chapters are written and finished I can focus on the third draft I've started on the computer and type everything onto a document.  Almost another step closer!

 3) What Else I've Been Up To

I've passed my Literacy Skills Test so it's just my Numeracy to do and my place at uni is official! Lots of revision is going to be needed so I may be silent at times.  I really need to improve my maths skills otherwise my place is gone.  I think I'd actually go into a coma if I failed and lost my place after all these exhausting interviews!

 4) What Inspires Me Right Now

I went to Horsforth last week with some friends to Toby Carvery and I loved walking around the little town that inspired the location in Beast Inside.  It just brought back all that excitement and love for the story.  I wish I could have just walked around, taking loads of photos and picturing where the events of BI would be happening. 
Photo credit

File:TownStreetHorsforth.jpg
Photo credit

       File:Paradise Place, Horsforth, Leeds - geograph.org.uk - 127014.jpg      
Photo credit

26 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time with your friends in the setting of your novel ^_^ It's fun when you can walk around like that. It's like being inside your own book :D

    Whee, I'm so glad you're enjoying Space!Story. Thanks again for all your help! I am terrible with punctuation ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely something I want to do more of when I have a car. ^^ It's so inspiring walking around places that you used for a WiP. Really good for helping you imagine the scenes more.

      No problem, thanks for letting me beta!

      Delete
  2. Space!Story is amazing, isn't it! :D Good luck with Numeracy. I'm rubbish at maths....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely loved it! Now I'm in the mood for some more Sci-Fi!

      Haha, me too! Haven't done Maths properly since GCSE so I'm a tad out of practice.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on passing your test! And good luck on your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're reading Miss Cole's story? Cool!
    Congrats on passing your test!
    Glad you have fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Had lots of fun. Yummy food is always a good night for me! ^^

      Delete
  5. Awesome that you passed your test. You're almost there, Robin! And same goes for getting so near the end on your WiP. Forward movement is nice, isn't it? Have a wonderful week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good feeling when you can see you're finally getting somewhere. :) It's so easy to give it all up but it goes to show you just need to keep going.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on passing your test and all your progress on your WIP! I admit, I'm curious about SpaceStory now... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad to hear you passed your test! Sometimes it takes a while to get going, I hope this one picks up pace soon! Congrats on getting some writing done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I hope so to. Can't wait to have most of this finished!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your test, and good luck on the next one. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to go to there! (Tina Fey quote) I'm referring to the pics, btw. Ah, I love England. I am hoping to go there for a book signing sometime this year. My bff lives in Primrose Hill and I want to go to there too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some gorgeous places in England, especially in Yorkshire. We're full of amazing little villages. :) I'd recommend them to everyone!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the test and best wishes on the next one. Oh, and yay for being almost another step closer on your WIP :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you taking pity on your characters, Robin? I thought you were a horror writer?! ;) Just kidding, of course. You know what's best for your story, and I hope you have fun finishing and polishing BI.

    As for Numeracy... ikkk... there's a reason why I write and try to avoid maths as much as possible. Working out the family budget stretches my numeracy skills to the max, so you have my deepest sympathy, and my best wishes for the test. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's not like me at all, is it? Well, the story has to end sometime and I figured they've been through quite a bit so I should try and be nice to them. Unless I'm asked to write a sequel... mwahaha.

      Delete
  12. Hiya

    Congrats on your tests and good luck on your next one. Have a great week.

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on passing your tests! I hope you do just as well on your next ones :)

    ReplyDelete