Social Icons

23 Oct 2013

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals and track your progress for Ready. Set. Write!

1) What I'm Reading

I haven't picked up Sleepy Hollow for a few days so I still have that to finish.  I'm getting that finished ASAP now that Allegiant has appeared on my kindle. =D

2) What I'm Writing

I'm having a look through where I left off last time with Beast Inside.  With a week off coming up I'm going to keep going on those edits and use Nano as an editing deadline. I also wanted to start editing the first draft on Inside the Broom Closet as well.  I'm in a big editing mood right now.

3) What Else I've Been Up To

We've been Halloween crazy this past week at work so we've all been getting in the spooky mood at school.  We're celebrating tomorrow with costumes and a school disco so I've been hunting for costume ideas.

4) What Inspires Me Right Now

To get back in the mood I've been listening the playlists for Beast Inside and Inside the Broom Closet.  I'm also craving some old school Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Goosebumps.  I think it's because I'm quite into short stories at the moment after writing that competition entry.  I might use one of the Camp NaNo months next year to get a few short stories written.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, yeah, have a great half term! :D Hope you get loads of editing done.

    Are You Afraid of the Dark was such an awesome show. I am having some epic nostalgia right now.

    Have a wonderful week ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete took my copy into his school the other day to show the year 6s some old school creepiness. They loved it! =D You can't beat a classic. ^^

      Delete
  2. Yeah... short stories... something else I hoped to get to soon, but I don't think I will until I'm done with this revision phase. All the best with your revisions this week, Robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a few up my sleeve but, like you, these revisions need to be focused on first. I might save it for one of the Camp NaNos because you can choose your word count so if you only want to do a couple of short stories you don't have to try and reach up to 50K.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I loved Goosebumps when I was younger. I still haven't picked up the Divergent series yet. I was going to watch the movie first (so I can actually enjoy it), but I don't think I'm going to last that long. =) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've usually been so late on a YA series that I finally end up reading the books around the time the film comes out. I only read the Hunger Games last year when the film was about to be released in cinemas!

      Delete
  4. Oh, man, I've been hearing such bad things about Allegiant. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard too. =( I'm trying to avoid all reviews, even the spoiler-free ones because I want to avoid having any expectations at all whether it's good or bad. I hope it isn't too disappointing - that's what happened with Mockingjay. Fingers crossed!

      Delete