Social Icons

25 Sep 2013

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals and track your progress for Ready. Set. Write!

1) What I'm Reading

Read a bit more on Storm Front.  I'm really enjoying the book.  I think it's great.  I'm only slow because I've been paying more attention on other things.  It's still too early to give a proper review and judgement but I'm sure it'll be a good review when I get round to it.  I do recommend Jim Butcher if you're looking for some urban fantasy.

2) What I'm Writing

Still working on a short story, which is all I've been working on at the moment.  I really want to go for it and submit something to a writing competition so my little Friday the 13th piece is going to be taking over from editing and drafting at the moment.

3) What Else I've Been Up To

I had my birthday last Sunday which was an excuse to have the best meal ever invented for Sundays.  A Sunday Roast.  We had lamb, my favourite, and the family roast potatoes which were absolutely gorgeous.  Seriously, if I wasn't cooking for just two and had more mouths to feed it would be a rule to have a roast dinner every week.  They're amazing.

4) What Inspires Me Right Now

It is officially Autumn now! Yay! I've swapped my nail polishes from summer to Autumn colours, got out the snug cardigans, and brought the Halloween playlist out! Are we ready for Spooktastic October? I'm getting all inspired from the creepy and the kooky! =D


16 comments:

  1. I love that fall is here and Halloween is just around the corner! And happy belated birthday!!! I hope it was all kinds of wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously can't wait for October next week. :) I love this time of the year. Everything looks so beautiful and golden. After Christmas Halloween is my favourite holiday to celebrate. It's so much fun at work! =D

      Delete
  2. Happy belated Birthday! Hope it was wonderful all around. You know, I've never attempted writing a short story. I honestly don't know if I could do it because I'm just too darn wordy! Sounds like yours is coming along well, so that's good. I'm loving the fact that autumn has finally arrived! I think I've consumed more pumpkin goods in the past week than is probably advisable. And yet, I have zero intention of stopping. Have a wonderful week, Robin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go sometime. :) It's quite fun and great practice if you're worried about being too wordy.

      Delete
  3. I shall be humming that song all night now :P

    My eldest brother is a huge Jim Butcher fan. I shall have to borrow the first one from him when my TBR pile is a little more contained ;)

    Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've been humming it too. All I've had on my iTunes is my Halloween playlist. ^^

      Delete
  4. :) I love The Night Before Christmas! I will now be humming it all day.

    Happy late birthday! Also, best wishes for your short story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With October around the corner I'm going to have to put the film on soon. It's time for all the Halloween films to come out!

      Delete
  5. Happy belated Birthday, I hope you had an awesome time and yummy to the roast dinner. There are three of us in my house so I don't cook them to often either but when I do, I always love them and wish I had the time to do them more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is the downside of a Sunday Roast. There's so much to do. But the end result is always so worth it. ^^

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful week and a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I love a good roast. Good luck with your short story. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday, Robin!!! We have a family tradition that the birthday person gets to have his or her favourite meal. For me, that means we eat out at our local Indian restaurant, because 1) it means wifey doesn't have to cook (she's an excellent cook, but I like that she gets a break on my birthday), and 2) I LOVE Indian food, and nobody does Indian quite like... well... Indian people! :) So it's awesome you got to have your favourite meal!

    Short stories are also on my agenda for the not-too-distant future. I thought I might write some as a break from revisions, but I really need to press on with revisions, so maybe after. Like you, I want to have something to submit to writing contests, or to magazines--not just post as freebies on my blog. I probably give away far too much of my writing. :)

    Have a great week, Robin! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete and I have the same tradition. We'll have a meal out with family and we'll cook a favourite at home. There's nothing better than enjoying one of your favourite meals on your birthday.

      I'm going for the break at the moment. Doing that flash fiction and this short story has been a nice little distraction and actually helped me get prepared for going back to revisions. :)

      Delete