Social Icons

4 Sep 2013

RTW - Choose Your Apocalypse

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic. We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link - or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments. 

This Week's Topic:  
 
What kind of apocalypse do you think would be most interesting to survive through?
 
I think a zombie apocalypse would be the most interesting.  It's not just a lack of humanity that they have to get used to, after a while they'll be no technology, no electricity, and people will have to start hunting for their own food and water.  It's back to basics and I always think it would be interesting to see how well people could adapt to that.  

With zombies you'll need to learn how to fight and defend yourself against a drooling, hungry horde.  It's a bit of a harsh situation.  You either fight and keep going or you give up and let them get you.  You always need to be aware because you never know what's about to pop out.  It's a situation that can make you absolutely paranoid and work out strategies simply for crossing a zombie infested street!

I've tried out a zombie apocalypse twice now.  First time I got infected at the beginning.  Second time I survived until the very last horde.  Here's my video of Leeds 2.8 Hours Later 2013, filmed by me and a friend.
 
 
Obviously I don't want an apocalypse of any kind to happen but this is my choice in regards to surviving.  What would yours be?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, zombies would be a challenge. I think I still own a cricket bat so I can take them on Shaun of the Dead style :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... a zombie apocalypse would certainly be interesting. Life definitely wouldn't be dull! I'm not sure my survival skills would be up to it, though. The last time I went camping was the. last. time. Bad experience. Not exactly hordes-of-the-living-dead-clamoring-to-eat-my-brain bad, but close enough. :)

    Now a chocolate apocalypse--I think I could survive that. Armed with a cup of tea, I could probably live through a world inundated with chocolate. A Cadbury's plant run amoke. Mmmm. That would be mine! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amoke? How about amok. Or a-mocha, for those who prefer coffee... sorry... it's thinking about chocolate... has a strange effect... 8-D

      Delete
    2. A-mocha...OMG THE COFFEE APOCALYPSE!!

      Oh wait, they call that college... ;)

      Delete