Social Icons

21 Aug 2013

What's Up Wednesday...

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk.  Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals and track your progress for Ready. Set. Write!

1) What I'm Reading
Well... it's supposed to be Storm Front but I haven't even picked it up.  That's going to change for next week.

2) What I'm Writing

Overall goal for Ready. Set. Write!: Complete July Camp NaNo to finish off the story I started in April's Camp NaNo and decided to put aside for a bit of a chill out.  Also complete the round of edits I'm doing for Beast Inside.  I'd like the 2nd and 3rd edits which I'm doing back to back to be finished by the end of summer.

 Weekly goal for 21/08/2013 Chapter 31 of Beast Inside and finish Chapter fifteen of Consequences.

Absolutely nada.  I haven't got round to any reading or writing since last Wednesday.  I don't know where the week has gone - I don't even know what happened to August - but I ended up just chilling out, having extra driving lessons and decided to take a week off from writing and reading.  

Weekly goal for 28/08/2013 Get anything done, even if it's a little bit of writing.

3) What Else I've Been Up To

I've been ghost hunting which was an awesome night.  I wrote a post on it here if anyone is interested.  And generally been chilling with family and spending time with Pete.  We went to see Kick-Ass 2 yesterday, kinda special since the first film was our first date, and ate out at an awesome world buffet.  We're a tad awkward.  I love Chinese food but can't eat Indian and Pete loves Indian food but can't stand Chinese.  A world buffet is the perfect place for us to pig out on the food we can't normally have at home.

4) What Inspires Me Right Now

I got a few ideas from the ghost hunt that has really inspired the WiPs I'm doing about ghost hunting.  I've been jotting a few ideas done already for the edits, equipment used, spooky scenes, etc.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, ghost hunting! Sounds fun! I like it when real life inspires writing. For me, an Anthropology project on modern witchcraft gave me some good ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That project sounds amazing! I'd love to take part in an anthropology/archaeology project. It was my dream when I was a young girl to work in that field. ^^

      Delete
    2. We were studying different religions in class, and I happened to know a modern witch. It was cool! Apparently it is a different thing from Wicca, as well. I learned a lot. Perhaps I'll continue to study the topic on my own time, b/c it was quite interesting.

      Delete
    3. Really? That's interesting because the Wiccans I used to know identified themselves as witches as well. I need to read up on it all again. I've still got all my books on Wicca, paganism, and witchcraft. I thought the whole history of it was quite fascinating. :)

      Delete
    4. It depends on who you talk to, really. The research I did and people I talked to were "traditional" witches, whose families had been witches for hundreds of years. Wicca tends to be more new-age, with a stronger focus on revering nature. However, there is a lot of crossover, and what's important to an individual is really what they identify with.

      Delete
  2. I like your goal! Sometimes that gets the butt in the chair. :) And I am so intrigued by the ghost hunting! Neat!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still got a ton of things on before the holiday ends. Thought a more chilled out goal would help get even a little bit done. :)

      Delete
  3. You did do something writing-related this week: ghost-hunting! That counts. :) Anyway, it sounds like you had a wonderful chill week, and you need that too.

    How's the driving coming along?

    Have a great writing week, Robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo good point! Makes me feel a tad better now. ^^

      Driving is good. I'm quite close to getting ready for my practical so fingers crossed I'll be driving by the end of this year!

      Delete
  4. I am right with you on the didn't get really any writing done this week. I did get some reading done, but that's about it. I honestly don't know where the time goes. I guess just living life, right? Hope this week is better for both of us!

    I love that you guys had such a fun date night! That world buffet sounds like a great idea for the exact reasons you mention. Have a great week, Robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear a minute ago I was getting started on Ready. Set. Write! Now it's coming to an end and I'm back at work soon.

      There should be more world buffets around. Not just because it's handy for me and Pete but it's the only place you can get away with pigging out and mixing your meals. The dessert buffet is a great bonus as well! ^^

      Delete