Social Icons

11 Jul 2013

What's Up... Yesterday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk.  Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals and track your progress for Ready. Set. Write!

So yesterday was a bit of a hectic day.  After running from zombies on Saturday and doing Zumba yesterday I didn't have a lot of feeling left in my body to do anything when I got in.  So hence posting today.

1) What I'm Reading

Since last week I finished The Iron Daughter, Fatal Secrets by Richie Tankersley Cusick, and A Midsummer Night's Scream by R.L.Stine.  I'm starting on The Unicorn Crisis by Jon Rosenberg.  Pete's just been reading his novels and recommended them to me so I'm giving them a try.  I think they're only sold on kindle so there isn't a book cover.  But there is a blurb:

Someone has summoned a Unicorn to a field south of Stratford-upon-Avon causing David Ash's day to go straight to hell. Now he has to confront shotgun wielding drug dealers, murderous strangers and psychotic fairies and all to find out who stole one of Oberon's personal pets. He better do it soon, or it will mean an all out conflict between The Fairy Court and The Hidden Academy. Worse, as back up all Ash can muster is a soap opera loving Welsh elf and an American Summoner who doesn't trust him one inch. This would be bad enough, but, as the mystery unravels, Ash forms a nagging suspicion that the heart of this problem lies in his own worst nightmare, the one he's been trying to forget for over a decade.

2) What I'm Writing

 
Overall goal for Ready. Set. Write!: Complete July Camp NaNo to finish off the story I started in April's Camp NaNo and decided to put aside for a bit of a chill out.  Also complete the round of edits I'm doing for Beast Inside.  I'd like the 2nd and 3rd edits which I'm doing back to back to be finished by the end of summer.

Weekly goal for 10/7/2013: Chapter 24 of Beast Inside and finish Chapter 7 of Consequences.

Both done and I also wrote a bit for Chapter 8 of Consequences.

Weekly goal for 18/7/2013: Chapter 25 of Beast Inside, Chapter 8 and 9 of Consequences.  Try to write 5000 more words for Consequences.

3) What Else I've Been Up To

I posted up my experience of 2.8 Hours LaterIt's my second year of participating and I absolutely loved it.  The sods got the zombies to hide and jump out at us this time.

I also started watching The Inbetweeners because everyone I know has been pestering me too.  Oh my god, the amount of times I'm hiding behind a cushion because the four teenage characters get into some right messes.  It's hilarious.  All four of them are so awkward. I can't find a promo for the TV series that will show in other countries but this clip is from The Inbetweeners film:


4) What Inspires Me Right Now

Zombies. I'm going to have to write a zombie WiP in the future. 

5 comments:

  1. I'd sooooo love to write a zombie story too. Good luck to you! And congrats on hitting your goals. Best of luck with this upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you've structured your goals for the week but also for the summer. Very smart! Speaking of zombies, have you seen World War Z yet? It was a very different zombie movie and not gory at all. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be a writer, if zombies are inspiring you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not into horror blah blah blah (yes, despite the fact I plan to write a vampire story) but I want to read a zombie book sometime to see how they're written. I want to see how people who are into the genre depict them. I understand SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY is such a story? Are there any first person zombie novels (i.e., where the MC is a zombie), and if so, how would that read? Or am I giving myself story ideas again, which of course won't do because I'm not into horror and I'm not planning on writing zombie stories. Yes. ;)

    ReplyDelete