Social Icons

24 Jul 2013

What's Up Wednesdays

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk.  Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals and track your progress for Ready. Set. Write!

1) What I'm Reading
Got a few chapters into The Unicorn Crisis by Jon Rosenberg.  It's still really early to make any type of opinion on it.  But it's interesting, I already like one of the characters that have been introduced a lot, and I want to know more.  So that's a decent start. :)


2) What I'm Writing
Overall goal for Ready. Set. Write!: Complete July Camp NaNo to finish off the story I started in April's Camp NaNo and decided to put aside for a bit of a chill out.  Also complete the round of edits I'm doing for Beast Inside.  I'd like the 2nd and 3rd edits which I'm doing back to back to be finished by the end of summer.
 
Weekly goal for 24/07/2013: Chapter 26 of Beast Inside and Chapters 10 and 11 of Consequence.  Overall I'm on 19,324 words in the draft so I'll see if I can reach 25k by next Wednesday.

Finished Chapters 10 and 11 of Consequences as well as starting off Chapter 12 and overall reaching 25k in the WiP.  Definitely pleased with that progress.  I don't think I'm going to finish the whole story in time for July 31st so I'll just try and go for 30k by next Wednesday. 

I didn't get round to doing anything for Beast Inside so I still need to write Chapter 26.  Which is fine because this month I really want to do more with Consequences and get that finished so the duology is sort of completed for now and I can put them both aside for a while. BI already has a finished first draft.  These are the edits which I don't really want to rush through.

Weekly goal for 31/7/2013: Get up to 30k in Consequences.  Get into Chapter 26 for Beast Inside.

3) What Else I've Been Up To
I finished work for the summer.  YAY! Started the hols off with a lovely BBQ with all my family.  Parents, uncles, aunts, grandma.  It was a great day trying on my uncle's strange collection of hats and his Cyberman helmet.

But since it's been doing all the boring summer jobs in the flat.  Way too much sorting out to do.  And getting the little fiddly bits sorted out for Rome next week.

4) What Inspires Me Right Now
I've been watching special episodes of What A Load of Buzzcocks.  They've been doing compilation episodes.  Sort of the 'best of' certain years since it started in 1996.  I love the snarky, evil humour in it.  Especially if it's from the Simon Amstell years.  That sweet looking host with a razor sharp tongue and cheeky comments.  There's a story out there somewhere for this wickedly snarky character that's slowly being created in my head.  I'm sure they're going to keep developing and talking to me in my head until I give in and find a story for them. 

Behold the inspiration for a future creation: >=D


10 comments:

  1. So I've never ever seen or heard of "What A Load of Buzzcocks" - thank you for the introduction! When Preston walked off, I thought for sure I'd hate it all, but they managed turning a squirmy kind of uncomfortable moment into something quite fun!

    Best of luck reaching all of your writing goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preston wasn't the right kind of guest. From the start he couldn't take a joke. To be on the show you need to have a huge sense of humour and be able to take the mickey out of yourself. :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your goals! Hopefully you can have a nice break from work. I despise sorting of any sort...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love it! I'm quite OCD organised so this is actually enjoyable for me.

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched Never Mind the Buzzcocks in aaaaages. I do remember that episode though!

    Hooray for the summer holidays. Have an amazing time in Rome too. Good luck hitting 30k this week ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep missing it! To be honest I stopped watching a lot of it after Simon Amstell left. It didn't feel the same without him.

      Delete
  4. Summer holidays! Excellent! I hope you get lots of writing done, Robin. :) And try not to get too inspired by Rome. It sounds like you have quite enough projects and potential projects buzzing around your head at the moment. ;)

    Have a great writing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last thing I need is another SNI! But I'm very much a local girl when it comes to creating setting for WiPs. Always in Yorkshire. ^^

      Delete
  5. I like how detailed your writing goals are. That's totally how I work too! You seem to be making awesome progress, so that's great. Also, I love that you're writing a duology instead of a trilogy. I think WAY more authors should write duologies instead. It would eliminate that all-too-often boring middle book problem, don't you think? Good luck with your goals this week, Robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so helpful for knowing what you've done that week. :)

      I really wanted Consequences and the book before it to be a series. Mainly because I wanted to do so much more with the characters but the story just ends right in Consequences. I hate it when people extend TV or book series just because it's popular. It can really ruin a story.

      And it also must be the British in me. We love our short series. Just take a look at Luther and Sherlock. ^^

      Delete