Social Icons

31 Jul 2013

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk.  Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals and track your progress for Ready. Set. Write!


1) What I'm Reading
Still reading The Unicorn Crisis by Jon Rosenberg.  I'm only a few chapters in at the moment so I can't give you a proper opinion on it. All I will say is that I really am enjoying it so far.  The world is interesting, the characters are interesting, and I'm intrigued enough to keep reading.

2) What I'm Writing
Overall goal for Ready. Set. Write!: Complete July Camp NaNo to finish off the story I started in April's Camp NaNo and decided to put aside for a bit of a chill out.  Also complete the round of edits I'm doing for Beast Inside.  I'd like the 2nd and 3rd edits which I'm doing back to back to be finished by the end of summer.

Weekly goal for 31/7/2013: Get up to 30k in Consequences.  Get into Chapter 26 for Beast Inside.

I finished Chapter 26 of Beast Inside this week so yay! I finally got round to sorting that out.  And overall I'm up to 31k for Consequences.

Weekly goal for 7/8/2013 I'll be away for a week without my laptop so I'll be leaving Consequences for now.  I just want to get Chapter 27 finished for next week.

3) What Else I've Been Up To
Watching more Inbetweeners and getting all the fiddly holiday bits sorted out.  Really not been up to much. Just chilling out at home.

4) What Inspires Me Right Now
Travelling.  I haven't even left yet but I think I've already got the travelling bug.  I love seeing new locations because it's one thing that really inspires me. 


I'll have to catch up on everyone's What's Up Wednesday posts next week as well as other posts so sorry if I haven't commented.  I will do next Thursday. :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting 31k! Ah, travelling is fun. I can't wait to visit Brighton for World Fantasy Con 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a fantasy con??? That sounds amazing! I have to check that out!

      Delete
  2. 31K is amazing. Congratulations!

    I love to travel too ^_^ I can't wait to leave the UK behind once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the travelling bug now. We're already planning ideas for the next holiday even though it'll take another couple of years to save up for. ^^

      Where do you plan on going next? :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations with the word count progress, Robin! I hope you have happy and safe travels. Will you be around for WriteOnCon (Aug 13-14)? It would be great to see you there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely doing WriteOnCon again. Got so much help last year. Everyone had great advice. :)

      Delete