Social Icons

17 Jul 2013

What's Up Wednesday...

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk.  Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals and track your progress for Ready. Set. Write!

1) What I'm Reading

Supposed to be The Unicorn Crisis by Jon Rosenberg but I haven't been reading at all this week.  It's all been writing.  But it is my current reading book and I'll get back to reading at some point.

2) What I'm Writing

Overall goal for Ready. Set. Write!: Complete July Camp NaNo to finish off the story I started in April's Camp NaNo and decided to put aside for a bit of a chill out.  Also complete the round of edits I'm doing for Beast Inside.  I'd like the 2nd and 3rd edits which I'm doing back to back to be finished by the end of summer.

Weekly goal for 18/7/2013: Chapter 25 of Beast Inside, Chapter 8 and 9 of Consequences.  Try to write 5000 more words for Consequences.

Almost finished Chapter 25 of Beast Inside so I'll focus on the rest of that tonight.  Finished Chapters 8 and 9 of Consequences.  2697/5000 words written for the WiP so didn't manage to reach that goal.

Weekly goal for 24/07/2013: Chapter 26 of Beast Inside and Chapters 10 and 11 of Consequence.  Overall I'm on 19,324 words in the draft so I'll see if I can reach 25k by next Wednesday.

3) What Else I've Been Up To

Not much really.  Kinda tired from end-of-the-year jobs at work.  Lots of classroom sorting, profile making, etc.  Everyone's trudging through this last week.  There's something exhausting about the last few days of the summer term. Only thing I've done is go out to see Now You See Me.  A brilliant film about four different magicians/illusionists who are grouped together by an unknown person to use their shows to rob banks and people.  It's Robin Hood meets The Illusionist. Definitely recommend it.


4) What Inspires Me Right Now

I keep watching Ghost Adventures to stay inspired and get to know more about what ghost hunters do and look for.  As a result, I'm completely addicted.  I'm quite sceptical of what these ghost hunters find and I still take everything with a pinch of salt but I have to see Zak Bagans and co are quite amusing.  Definitely more entertaining than Most Haunted.

15 comments:

  1. Oi, I remember that end of school year exhaustion. Summer holidays must be closing in now. ENJOY!

    Good luck hitting 25k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Friday. =D Definitely in need of a rest. ^^

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. 2700 words and some editing is great progress, Robin! You should feel proud. :) I've been wondering about NOW YOU SEE ME. I'm happy to hear it was good, and I like the comps you provided for it.

    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ready. Set. Write has been a great motivation so far. It's helped get quite a bit done. :)

      Delete
  3. Horray for summer, you finally made it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm seriously ready to collapse now.

      Delete
  4. I'm tempted to feel bad if I sacrifice reading for writing. But as important as it is for writers to read, especially when time is limited and you have to choose, if you don't write, you're not a writer. So I think the order of priority is clear. :)

    I hope you exceed your writing goals this week, Robin. And may every word you write be the right word. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a holiday coming up so that should give me plenty of opportunity to catch up on both reading and writing. More time to myself. Can't wait! =D

      Delete
  5. Now You See Me looks so good! I just saw Pacific Rim on Monday, and it was everything I wanted it to be (i.e. robots and monsters fighting). Oh, I remember that end of year feeling--not long to go now! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many films to see. This is where my money gets spent on endless cinema trips. ^^

      Just one more day after this. :)

      Delete
  6. Hope you find some time to relax and recuperate now that your summer term is done. Sounds like you're making great progress on both your stories. Good luck with your goals in the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait to spend more time on everything for the summer. Some writing days are definitely in order!

      Delete
  7. TV research is so terribly addicting. I watched way too many football movies for my last story. :)

    Also, sounds like you have some great goals for the week! Good luck finishing out camp Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've done a lot of excellent writing and have even more planned for next week! Well done. :0) Now you see me sounds really interesting! I will have to check that out. Have a great writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, Summer isn't over yet. You can definitely get reading in sooner or later.

    I love your goals and I hope you can meet them. Good luck!

    Gotta love research like that! I think I'm going to call all the 80s cartoon watching research. For what, I don't know yet.

    ReplyDelete