Social Icons

19 Jun 2013

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk.  Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals and track your progress for Ready. Set. Write!

1) What I'm Reading
I actually haven't been reading since Wednesday, using my time for writing instead.  But I think I'm going to start a second book to help me get back on track.  Maybe it'll push me to finish Leviathan.

2) What I'm Writing
I'm participating in Ready. Set. Write! so I have a few writing goals from now to August 28th:

Overall goal: Complete July Camp NaNo to finish off the story I started in April's Camp NaNo and decided to put aside for a bit of a chill out.  Also complete the round of edits I'm doing for Beast Inside.  I'd like the 2nd and 3rd edits which I'm doing back to back to be finished by the end of summer.

Weekly goal for 19/06/2013: Finish Chapter 21 in Beast Inside.  Do more planning on Consequences.

Didn't plan but I worked on Beast Inside, writing up the edits for Chapters 18 to 20 on my laptop which is my third draft and handwriting Chapter 21, my second draft.  I think it's a strange way to edit but writing the 2nd draft by hand and then writing up the 3rd edit on the laptop sort of back to back has helped me keep track of the improvements I need to make each time. 



Weekly goal for 26/06/2013: Chapter 22 for Beast Inside.

3) What Else I've Been Up To
Doing more work on Super Awesome Display at work, tried out a zumba class today - loved it and I'm going back next week - and bought a couple of things when I saw a huge sale sign at Paperchase. 




I got a travel wallet and this gorgeous notebook.  I'm supposed to be good but the cover was so pretty.







4) What Inspires Me Right Now

I'm a huge superhero mood at the moment.  I'm slowly working my way through mine and Pete's Batman trilogy (Nolan's films) and I may have to have my weekly Avengers Assemble viewing at some point.  Superheroes will be a future writing project.  I need to write about superheroes in the near future. :)

To get me in the superhero mood this is a blast from my past.  I loved this cartoon when I was a child and the music gets me all nostalgic.


And this song from Poets of the Fall is an excellent superhero song.


5 comments:

  1. Oooh, Zumba always seems crazy-healthy but also crazy-energetic. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm glad the Beast Inside edits are going well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! That notebook is GORGEOUS!!! Also, I have a superhero story. And am addicted to the Avengers. I always seem to have an Incredible Hulk-ish character in one of my projects.

    Sounds like you did great last week! Good luck with your writing goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that X-Men cartoon opening takes me back. I was sooo into that back in the 90s. Rogue is still my favourite XD

    Good luck hitting all your targets. Glad to hear things are going well with your edits too :D And when you've got a notebook as beautiful as that, it deserves to be full of handwritten awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That notebook is gorgeous!

    I'm listening to the audiobook of Leviathan (read by Alan Cumming), I can't decide if I'm interested or not. With audiobooks it's much easier to keep going though, so I'm sure I'll finish it.

    Good luck on your goals for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a total sucker for pretty notebooks. That one is lovely!!
    And I like that idea of alternating between hand-written and computer-written for editing. I hope it continues to go well for you!

    ReplyDelete