Social Icons

22 May 2013

RTW - The Dream Team(s)

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic: Conference season is here! We are getting all excited for BEA and ALA (check out the get-together we have planned with Stacked for ALA!), and we want to know: What authors would be on your dream author panel?

I always a question that gives me the opportunity to fangeek. ^^ There are a lot of authors who I love for different reasons so I'd have to have a panel for the following topics I'd find really interesting:

Exploring and Writing Horror: (obviously)
Stephen King, Gretchen McNeil, Kendare Blake, and Darren Shan

The Art of Snark 
Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams

World Building in Sci-Fi and Fantasy
JK Rowling, J.R.R Tolkien, George R.R Martin, Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, and Marissa Meyer.

... I can have three dream panels, can't I? =D

17 comments:

  1. I love that you named your panels! The Art of Snark would be wonderful, just for all that talent in one place! (sadly Douglas Adams, RIP...but I see you have Tolkien in there too for your dream cast!). I like the idea of a mix of old and new, like Tolkien with Veronica Roth. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are really dreams. :( Sad Adams and Tolkien are no longer with us. And then there's Terry Pratchett's illness. I really I hope I can meet him someday before it's too late.

      Delete
  2. I would enjoy mixing up personalities and perspectives on a panel. For example, having Stephen King and J.K. Rowling on a panel discussing Plots would be... interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo there's an interesting idea. I like that pairing of King and Rowling. I think they'd work a panel well together. :)

      Delete
  3. I like that you named your panels, too. You could put together writer conferences. Love your choices... wish I could meet your dream panel as well. I dare to dream... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Hopefully I'll get to see some of these authors someday!

      Delete
  4. I think all of those panels sound awesome! The last one in particular would catch my attention, though the Art of Snark panel would certainly be enjoyable too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this ended up being a real panel (although Douglas Adams wouldn't be present) can you imagine how hilarious it would be with Gaiman and Pratchett? It'd be so much fun!

      Delete
  5. I would sell my soul to go to that last panel. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd sell my soul for all three! Even for the authors who have passed away!

      Delete
  6. I would also love to go to the final panel! Two of those authors are in my dream panel, too. Great minds!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those panels sound amazing! I'd give anything to go the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they'd all have some very interesting things to say about world building. I'll always point out that I'm really not much of a JK Rowling fan but you can't ignore the wizarding world she created. She's an inspiration for imagination.

      Delete
  8. Very inventive choices. I wish I would have thought of Stephen King. I have admired him for a long time and think he is a wonderfully real person throughout all of his success and fame. Thanks for sharing.

    Muffins and Metaphors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's one of my idols. :) Have you ever his autobiography, writing memoir book On Writing? It's absolutely brilliant and it's amazing how hard he worked for all those years until he finally got to where he is now. He really struggled as an author but in the end he's come so far. It's inspiring.

      Delete
  9. Ooh... if those were the panels, I'd swim across to get to the conference. :-P

    ReplyDelete