Social Icons

20 Apr 2013

R is for Rumpelstiltskin

Since I'm always so incredibly late on awesome TV shows and books I've finally discovered Once Upon A Time, a show where all the fairy tale characters you know and love are stuck in the real world through a curse.  They also have no memory of who they used to be.  But maybe that could change?

Photo credit
One of my favourite characters has to be Rumpelstiltskin.  A very grey character who usually has his own interests at heart more than anybody else.  But he's more than the giggling, sneaky Dark One. 

Throughout the first season you get a peek at why he became this way.  The reason: protection.  Not for himself but for his son which quickly corrupted him but he always kept that love for his son.  It has always been the one thing that kept him slightly human and gives him vulnerability that you were sure he didn't have anymore.    Best episode to watch: Skin Deep.

You really don't know which side Rumpelstiltskin is on.  Really he's in a plan to benefit himself in some way but, in a questionable way, he helps although you can't help wonder what his ulterior motive is.  And whether it is good or bad.  Who knows? This character has learnt to keep things to himself.  A very clever trickster.

3 comments:

  1. I have fallen behind on this show, I loved the first season and some of the second that I watched. Rumple was one of my favorite people on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rumple is my favorite character (yes, even including the oh so dreamy Captain Hook) and I love his relationship with Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent seen this, but it sounds good!
    Happy A to Z-ing!

    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete