Social Icons

10 Apr 2013

I is for... Invest

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic: 

 The Veronica Mars Kickstarter success makes us wonder, what YA book would you raise $2 million to see a movie version of?


I would love to see a film version of The Lunar Chronicles.  Hands down that is one of my favourite YA series and I think it would be amazing to see on the big screen.  A cyborg Cinderella? Evil Lunar people? A dystopian world? It would transfer so well onto film.  Something that would interest both fairy tale and sci-fi fans.  I think there's already interest in a film adaptation but I don't think there has been any more news.  I'm hoping there would be.  I'd love to see Cinder, Kai, Scarlet, Thorne and Wolf come to life.  Although in my head I totally have Nathan Fillion for Captain Thorne but unfortunately he's a bit too old for the part now.  So they're going to have to search the Earth for an actor who would fit the part just as well.

I mean, wouldn't Nathan Fillion have been perfect, especially if he was ten or twenty years younger?

Photo credit

*shakes donation box* Any donations then? We need this beauty of a series on the screen.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, can I just say, yes, yes, yes, and yes... and maybe yes? :) CINDER and SCARLET would make superb movies. And while I'm not one to get into hypothetical casting, a young Nathan Fillion would be perfect for Thorne. Perhaps he has a younger brother? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this one. I think both CINDER and SCARLET would make awesome movies! I really hope they get on that soon. I'm not sure who I would pick for Thorne. They'd definitely have to be someone much like Nathan Fillion, though. :)

    ReplyDelete