Social Icons

3 Apr 2013

C is for Character Tour Guide

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

 This Week's Topic:
 If you could visit any country with a fictional character as your guide, who would you pick and where would you go?

Actually I have two answers.  I may cheating a little bit with one because while he's fictional he's not actually from a book.  But here they are:
1) Cas Lowood from Anna Dressed in Blood

Now Cas is the last person who would take people on trips but if I was ever to go to America I'd be calling him up for a ghostly tour of America.  The guy goes where the ghosts are and that's definitely up my alley.  I won't say I'd be brave.  If I saw an angry ghost I'd probably do this:

  

Photo credit
But it would be so interesting to check out haunted areas and see ghosts. =D

2) Indiana Jones

Come on, if you really want adventure and a good tour guide Indiana Jones is the ultimate traveller.  He'd take you to the mysterious locations on trails for hidden treasures and legendary items.  You'd get to explore places you probably never even heard of.  

But really... if this question extended to anywhere beyond Earth... throughout time...

 

Sign me up as your next companion Doctor! =D

8 comments:

  1. I double-checked the question to make sure it said "fictional" and not "literary" before I answered. Strictly speaking, both your answers are within the bounds of the question, Robin. :)

    Given your fascination with ghosts and the spooky, I completely get your desire to travel with Cas. Good choice! Traveling with Indiana Jones, on the other hand, might be a bit dangerous... which seems an odd thing to say given my choice! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, especially with Matt Smith's Doctor. He's not the safest of Doctors, is he? =P And have you seen how he flies that TARDIS? Bloody hell!

      Delete
  2. Indy would be a blast! I agree with Colin, danger would likely be part of the package, but that's ok. Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indy usually gets out of dangerous things. I'd trust him. =D

      Delete
  3. I love Cas and Indy. Both would be great choices. :)

    Kathy
    http://kathybradey.blogspot.com/au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get to see some fun things!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. =D Such a fun question to write about.

      Delete