Social Icons

31 Mar 2013

The Next Big Thing Bloghop!

I've been tagged in The Next Big Thing Bloghop by Miss Cole and Donelle Lacy. Thanks very much guys! If you're not following these two blogs go and follow now! Two awesome blogs that need to be on your list.
 
Today I'm introducing you to my NaNo 2012 WiP.  A YA horror novel with creepy ghosts, a spooky Lake District hotel, and amateur ghost hunters.

What is the working title of your book?
Lapse.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I've been playing around with the idea for a while.  I've always wanted to get my claws into a ghost story and I've always been fascinated with hotels, especially haunted ones.  The basic idea has been jotted down for a while.  The characters are a wacky supernatural-obsessed bunch I used to write about in a series I worked on in my teens.  They fitted perfectly into this WiP.

What genre does your book fall under?
Horror.  As usual.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I don't usually think of actors and actresses.  Some may inspire a look like Michael Welch did for Scott. But it's really not my thing to look for the perfect actor or actresses when I'm writing.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A stranded group of teenagers find shelter in an isolated inn, only to find it's plagued by tortured and murderous ghosts.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I hope it'll be represented. :) I'm hoping there's an agent somewhere out there who is looking for horror and/or ghost stories.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Thirty days.  I completed it during NaNo last year.

What other books would you compare this story to in your genre?
Any book that involves ghosties! 

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My characters, the Lake District, Lodore Hotel, Keswick (a picture you can find on the project's pintrest board), The Big Freeze 2010.  Generally my love for a chilling ghost story which I hope this will be!

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Do you like any of the following? Restless, vengeful ghosts, a reckless, teenage, amateur ghost hunting couple, witch trials, time lapses, haunted inn, and ghoulish local history? You may like this story then. :)

And now to play TAG!

Elodie
Colin D Smith
Emma Maree

11 comments:

  1. THAT SOUNDS SO AWESOME! Ooooooooh ghost stories! It's been way too long since I read a really good one! Can't wait to read yours :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever read Anna Dressed in Blood? That was a great YA horror book with ghosts in it. Also quite Supernatural-esque. :)

      Delete
  2. Lapse sounds so awesome! And thank you for the tag, I've been hoping to get tagged to do a NBT blog post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! Off to read yours now. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really read much horror (says the guy who's read four Stephen King novels AND ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD...), but yours sounds interesting, Robin! :)

    Thanks for the tag (umm... though you've actually linked to Elodie's blog from my name--which is fine... I like Elodie's blog!). I'll have to find a way to fit in my "Next Big Thing" post around the A-to-Z Blogging schedule. But I will post one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I didn't even realise! Sorry about that. ^^

      You're quite the horror reader now. ;)

      Delete
    2. OK, my contribution to the hop will occur on April 9th, which is "H" day on the A-to-Z Challenge. :)

      Delete
    3. This just totally cracked me up :D :D :D :D

      Delete
  5. I'm still totally amazed that you wrote the whole first draft in 30 days. I wish I was that disciplined. :) This sounds really creepy and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really creepy! Even though I don´t read a lot of horror stories, I watch a lot of horror movies. Should bridge my interest over at some point, no?
    Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny. I haven't read many ghost stories/horror stories, but I watch movies about them. I love the mystery behind the way the ghosts died and why they're haunting whoever/whatever they're haunting. (still need to read Anna Dressed in Blood.)

    Of course that makes me interested in why your ghosts are haunting that inn. The premise sounds great and I just gotta love haunted house stories.

    ReplyDelete