Social Icons

6 Mar 2013

RTW - Quarterly Check-ins

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic:  
Quarterly check-ins! We're already 1/4 of the way through the year--where are you on your reading and writing goals?
 
 Have to admit I'm not very far on my reading with only three books in during the first two months.  It's mainly because I've wanted to focus on writing for the beginning of the year, getting the edits on Beast Inside done and then working on a novel for Camp NaNo next month.  After April I'm going to take a writing break and just read. 

With my writing I've finished the first draft of Inside the Broom Closet at 60,130 words and I've written 21,614 words in the next edits of Beast Inside.  Overall in my 100k in 100 days writing challenge I've got up to 23,196 words.  Quite a bit behind but at least I've come quite far even if I don't achieve it.
 
So I think I've done alright so far.  One draft finished and now I'm in the middle of editing.  Hopefully a new first draft completed next month.  Not bad for the beginning of the year. :) 

How are you doing with your goals?

 

12 comments:

  1. You and I have basically had opposite kinds of productivity so far this year! I've been reading like a fiend but my writing is sputtering. I'm trying to gear up to swap them out, but it's so tempting just to hang on to all my reading time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there's no time to do both is there? You're either getting more reading done or concentrating on writing.

      Delete
  2. Wow you´ve done more than alright! You´re doing great on your writing!!! And I´m sure you´ll catch up on your reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're doing great! I always add a few days on after my goals because sometimes life just happens. Good luck with your WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) That's what I like about these challenges. It's not the end of the world if you don't make the target word count. Just get as much done as possible.

      Delete
  4. I just saw the Camp Nano website--cute idea! I did Nanowrimo last November and haven't looked at the draft since; mostly because I'm working on final edits for something else. I don't really need the massive wordcount, I just need to start revising the draft. I love the community around nano, it definitely helps for motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pep talks they send you. One of them really helped me in the last NaNo. Great community!

      Delete
  5. Camp NaNo is poking at me buuuuuuuut I don't know... oooooh... hmmmm.... GOOD LUCK TO YOOOOOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, join ussssssssss!

      ... We have cookies! ^^

      Delete
  6. Awesome on the writing goals!!! I need to get a move on! lol I'm really thinking about this Camp NaNo business, but we'll see! Good luck!!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2013/03/road-trip-wednesday-check-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done the opposite of you for the first part of the year, focusing on the reading and not so much the writing. I haven't worked on my WIP in months! *hangs head* And now my library has this Teen Read Challenge going where we have to see how many YA books we can read before the end of April.

    The trouble is, I've been revising and now I'm wanting to do that! It really is hard to balance both reading and writing. Add drawing and gaming into that mix and you have me completely tied up. Not to mention my day-job.

    You sound like you're doing very well in your writing goals! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete