Social Icons

26 Feb 2013

TTT - Auto-Buy Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week there is a bookish topic where we post a top ten list.  
 
This week:
February 26:  Top Ten Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List 
 
1) Gretchen McNeil
Ten was a fantastic YA horror/thriller and had me turning the pages trying to figure out who could have done and waiting for the next time the killer would strike.  Definitely would pick up another by Gretchen McNeil, especially if it was horror.
 
2) Marissa Meyer
I added Scarlet straight away to my list of books to buy once I finished Cinder.  A sci-fi retelling of a classic fairy tale was genius and I can't wait to read her interpretation of Red Riding Hood and how the characters will fit into the world Meyer has created.
3) Kristen Hubbard
Like Mandarin was an interesting contemporary.  It reminded me a little bit of Thirteen but obviously less dramatic and edgy.  The concept was similar: good girl next door befriends wild and rebellious girl.  But what I liked about Like Mandarin was that Grace just became more confident with who she was rather than changing to impress Mandarin.  I bought Wanderlove as soon as it was released and have yet to read it but I have a feeling I'll love it.
 
4) Kody Keplinger
I love how Keplinger connects her characters into the same high school or town.  I enjoy her books.  They're a nice light read and I'd buy more of her books.  
 
5) Frank Beddor
 The Looking Glass Wars and its sequel Seeing Redd were the best fantasy that I read last year.  I've got the third one still to read but if Frank Beddor ever wrote anything else I'll be racing to the bookstore to buy it.  The world of Wonderland he created was so vivid.
 
6) Victoria Scwab
I loved The Near Witch.  An eerie fairy tale that I'd recommend to anyone if they wanted escapism.  I'm definitely getting her new book.
 
7) Veronica Roth
Divergent is one of my favourite Dystopian series at the moment.  I can't wait for the final book in the trilogy and look forward to any of her future works. 

8) Ransom Riggs
I'd pick up another Ransom Riggs book especially if it involved the same style of using photographs in his work.  It just made the world he was building come to life even more.
 
9) Stephen King
 Do I need to explain? I love Stephen King, especially when he has a large character list.  His stories just hook me in.
 
10) Kendare Blake 
I fangirled my way through Anna Dressed in Blood.  A ghost story with creepy, lingering ghosts.  A suitable amount of gore.  And a snarky Dean-esque main character in ghost hunter Cas.  Loved it.  I read and bought the sequel Girl of Nightmares and I'll have whatever's next on my list too, please!

8 comments:

  1. Good list, I love Frank Beddor and The Looking Glass Wars as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else has read the books. :) Frank Beddor seems to be quite underrated and gone unnoticed when his retelling with Alice in Wonderland has been amazing!

      Delete
  2. I will always remember Stephen King's Cell! Epic read.

    Veronica Roth made my list as well! I can't wait to read more of her books, especially the final book in the Divergent trilogy.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until Autumn! So looking forward for the final book as well. =D

      Delete
  3. I clearly need to do more reading. I either own or want to read so many of the authors you have on your list, I just haven't gotten around to it. Except Veronica Roth, who made my list too.

    My T&TTT Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (1)
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of my list I'd have Frank Beddor, Marissa Meyer, Gretchen McNeil and Kendare Blake as my top four recommendations. Amazing authors. :)

      Delete
  4. I love Stephen King, and Veronica Roth's Divergent is on my wish list. Great Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Divergent was one of the best books I read last year and I read the sequel Insurgent straight afterwards. Autumn needs to arrive faster! I'm dying to see what will happen next.

      Delete