Social Icons

1 Jan 2013

TTT - Books for 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and each week we're give a topic to answer.  This week and for the first TTT of 2013:

Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read In 2013

1) The Complete Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis
I've only read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and I've been meaning to read the whole series for a while.  This Christmas my boyfriend bought me the whole series and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

2) Wanderlove by Kristen Hubbard
I've still got this on my shelf *face palm* so I definitely need to get round to reading it this year. 

3) The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Again, another book I've had for a while that I really need to get round to reading.

4) And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
I'm in a real murder mystery mood at the moment and after seeing numerous retellings of the novel I'm interested in reading the original novel.

5) The Enemy by Charlie Higson
Another thing I'm into at the moment are zombies and I won this book from Miss Cole's British giveaway last year (so weird to be saying last year when it was only 2012 yesterday).

6) A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
I've seen so many adaptations and know the story well from the films but I've never read the book and had the opportunity to enjoy the story in print form.  This year I plan to change that and finally read the book.

7) Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
I've been recommended this by Colin and I still haven't got around to it.  I promise to do so this year.

8) Stephen King On Writing
Another book that I should have read by now but haven't.  This was being read by quite a few people at one point and reviews were fantastic.  I'm not surprised since it's the King of writing talking about creative writing.  I can't wait to read his thoughts.

9) Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I'm trying to make sure that I keep to a variety in my reading.  Contemporary romance isn't what I usually rush for but a lot of people seemed to have enjoyed this book and I'm willing to give it a shot.

10) Adorkable by Sarah Manning
I loved the sound of this character Jeane.  She seems like she's going to be quite geeky and it'll be nice to see a dorky girl for once.  That's usually given to the guys which I have no problem with (in fact I think we need more geeky guys) but let us geeky girls rule a fictional novel for once! =D

11 comments:

  1. Oh I loved Anna and the French Kiss and Adorkable is such a real story, I loved Jeane! Can't wait to see what you think of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Wanderlove in my TBR Pile, but it didnt make it to mylist.

    You should DEFINITELY read Anna and the French Kiss cause I really LOVED it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books. You'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I've read is Wanderlove. That one is good. The rest I'm dying to read as well. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Years and happy reading!

    Here are the books I resolve to read

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna and the French Kiss was fantastic, and I don't even like romances usually. On Writing is great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just started my traditional annual re-read of ON WRITING by Stephen King. I think this is the third year in a row I've read it. My hope is that if this is the first book of the year I read, it will set the tone for my writing the whole year. We'll see how it works for me in 2013! I would even encourage you to read this book MORE than LEVIANTHAN! Yes, you heard right. :) But LEVIATHAN should be right behind it. ;)

    I hope you get to all these books this year, Robin, and that each one not only entertains you, but also helps make you a better writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Laura! Can't wait to get my claws into them this year =D

    Divergent, it's getting some great reviews. :) If a lot of people are recommending it to me I think I've picked a winner here. ^^

    Thanks, Juliana! Can't wait to read them all.

    Happy New Year, Danica! =D I'm looking forward to Wanderlove. I ordered it as soon as I finished her first novel Like Mandarin. Loved it so much so I immediately ordered Wanderlove. ^^

    Ooo, Emma, that's good news. :) I'm the same. Romances aren't my thing but there's so much positive feedback for it so I thought it was worth trying out.

    Colin, I'm making a vow right now. On Writing is first on my list. =D I like that idea of reading about writing to get you in the mood. The 100k in 100 days challenge starts today so maybe that bit of motivation from The King will be helpful. :)


    ReplyDelete
  8. I <3 Charlie Higson's work :P

    ...We won't discuss how long On Writing has been in my TBR pile...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna and the French Kiss is definitely a must read!! Great picks :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna and The French Kiss --> awww loved it :D hope you enjoy it too even though that´s not usually the style of book you read :D

    ON WRITING is amazing and that one I´m pretty sure you´re going to really enjoy it...

    Then There Was None was one of my favorite Agatha Christie´s books...

    And a bunch of other books on your list are also ones I´d like to pick up at some point soon...

    Happy New Year Robin (wishing you the best and Happy reading :D)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna and the French Kiss is wonderful. Anna is such an interesting character, and I think a lot of people can identify with her. I hope you like it.

    Good luck on your reading resolutions and happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete