Social Icons

10 Dec 2012

Keeping Up With The Writing

After reading Laura's recent blog post I'm definitely considering taking part in 100k in 100 days writing challenge for 2013.  It's organised by Sally Quilford who has challenged us to write 100k words in 100 days from 1st January 2013 until 10th April 2013.

After NaNo I'm definitely having a writing buzz.  I'm taking time off at the moment to study for my theory test and I hope to start editing Lapse during the holidays.  But I'd also like to stay in that habit of writing regularly and working on WiPs.  Just to help me keep up with writing.  I like to challenge myself so this one particularly interested me.  Taking breaks never works well for me.  I get out of habit easily.  I get used to resting and having the time to myself.  I take after my gran in this way: I like to keep busy and I like having projects to do. 

It's a nice 2013 writing resolution to have.  If I don't finish the rest of Inside the Broom Closet by the end of this month I'll use it as one of my projects and start the sequel as the next WiP for the challenge. :)

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you! I'm considering it, but those dates will include weeks when I work fifty hours. Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I visited Sally's blog. I want to try this thing! OMG, it's gonna be chaos, but I love me some chaos. If it isn't chaotic, it's boring lol
    Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention, yay! :) I know what you mean about getting out of habit, I find it hard getting back into writing after a couple of days break, and I know if I go longer than a week without writing that week will tend to just turn into months. I don't know how it happens, but I just get used to not writing. It's one of the reasons I want to do this challenge, to prove to myself that I can. Good luck if you decide to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting challenge. I'll have to think about it, since I want to start editing my NaNo project in January. All the best to you if you decide to do it, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cole, if you do decide to give it a go you can do 1000 words a day and that apparently gets you to your target on time. :) So there's a nice small average to keep you going until you have more time.

    Juliana, chaos is great! Haha! Challenges are a lot of fun. :) Bring it on!

    Laura, challenges help me in that way too. They show me that I can actually sit down and not only write and finish a first draft but write to a deadline.

    Thanks, Colin! If you decide to take part all the best to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete