Social Icons

31 Dec 2012

Forward in 2013...

Another year gone, another apocalypse survived. Us humans are awesome at this survival jazz. ;)

I always love the new year because it really feels like a fresh start. Anything that you didn't get done in 2012 you have another chance to get it done. 

For 2013:

I want to complete the 100k in 100 days challenge, first using it to finish Inside the Broom Closet (it's so close to finishing!) and writing it's sequel straight afterwards.

Participate in Camp NaNo for June and then NaNo again in November. Overall I plan to get a lot of writing done this year and finish a few drafts.

Finish editing Beast Inside.   This year I'm being strict and going to try and commit myself to at least one hour of editing after I get in from work to keep on track. 

Pass my driving test.  Now that I've stopped panicking and going rigid once the car starts moving I think I'm close to sorting out my driving test. =D

Read 50 books in 2013.

Drop down to a size 10 and really get into Zumba. 

Survive another apocalypse.

Things I'm looking forward to:

The next part of Doctor Who.

Oz the Great and Powerful, Star Trek Into Darkness, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World and Catching Fire.

The release of the final book in the Divergent trilogy (Detergent for now) by Veronica Roth and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.

Participating in 2.8 hours later again.  This time I want to apply to be a zombie as well. =D

Hopefully me and Pete have saved up enough for our first holiday abroad.  Italy, here we come!

What are your resolutions for 2013? Anything you're looking forward to? :)

6 comments:

  1. Italy sounds like fun! I´ve never been...You have a lot of wonderful goals and I wish you the best of luck in them. You can doooooooo it! (and how do you like Zumba? I´ve never tried it before).
    As they say in Germany: Guten Rutsch Robin! Wishing you all the very best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for Star Trek Into Darkness I have no idea how to wait until May without being in constant fangirl pain ^^;

    Have an awesome 2013 :D Italy! Niiiiiiice ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been either and I've always wanted to go. Mainly because I love Italian food but I'd love to see the sights. :)

    I haven't actually tried Zumba before. I got a Wii recently and bought the Zumba fitness which I've yet to try out so that's why it's on my new year resolutions... to actually get me using it. ^^ I've heard really good things about it and I love dancing so it'll be the best way to lose weight for me. :)

    Guten Rutsch Elodie! =D

    Cole, it looks amaaaazing! I think I fangirled more over Benedict Cumberbatch ^^ So looking forward to seeing Zachary Quinto again as Spock. I thought he was perfect in the role!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO many great movies and books coming out in 2013! Can't wait!
    Here's to an awesome 2013 for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely with you on looking forward to Doctor Who in 2013--not just the continuation of New Series 7, but the whole 50th Anniversary thing. BTW, I haven't forgotten about the Christmas episode. I'll post a review on my blog soon. :)

    As for writing projects, I want to get my NaNo draft whipped into shape, and if it's good enough, recruit some beta readers to help make it awesome--or at least agent-worthy! And to keep writing. I want to at least make a good start on another novel, perhaps write more short stories too.

    Have a great New Year, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juliana, so excited for the films and books coming out this year. Although how I'll find space for any new DVDs and books is beyond me!

    I'm looking forward to the 50th anniversary, Colin. Can't wait to see what they'll do for it. I'm hoping for some cameos at least. ^^

    ReplyDelete