Social Icons

7 Nov 2012

RTW - Best Book of October

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
 
This Week's Topic is:
What's the best book you read in October?

This October I devoured horror books.  After Anna Dressed in Blood I also got through:

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Ten by Gretchen McNeil

My favourite of the two:

Ten by Gretchen McNeil

A fantastic thriller with a clever slasher stalking and murdering ten teenagers one by one who have all done something the killer believes they need to be punished for.

My top favourite things about the book:

1) A capable heroine.
2) The isolated setting.
3) Tense narrative.
4) A sneaky, well-planned murder.

For a full review click here. :)

What was your favourite book of October?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that book is on my TBR list. I even have her other book, POSSESS, but I'm too chicken to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, Robin, you *know* horror's not my genre of choice... so stop tempting me with intriguing plots!! ;) Seriously, sometimes I'm in the mood for something a little off my usual playlist, so I'll keep this one in mind. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I'll end up reading this one. Like Colin, horror isn't my genre of choice. Knowing that it's based off of of Agatha Christie's AND THEN THERE WERE NONE does make it a little more appealing to me. Plus, I've been hearing pretty good things about it. We'll have to see I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see Ten EVERYWHERE but as I mentioned last week, I'm such such a wimp! I might have to put it on the list though, same with Anna Dressed in Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try out Possess. She's already on my favourite author list. Ten was such a great read, Juliana.

    Haha, sorry Colin! ^^ Looks like horror's tempting you a little bit at the mo!

    Jaime, I've never read And Then There Were None but I've seen a few people write that's it quite a good retelling. :)

    Samantha, I think Ten might not be too bad in terms of a horror read. Not as gory or creepy than Anna Dressed in Blood. I'd say Anna was the scariest of the two so you might like Ten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I haven't read TEN yet. I hear mixed things but I heard her debut POSESS is also fabulous too. :) I can't really do horror that well but I'd love to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've wanted to read this book for what seems like ever! I really need to get my hands on it! I just love the whole premise of it!!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/11/road-trip-wednesday-best-book-of-october.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot of good stuff about this one... might have to try it out. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete