Social Icons

17 Oct 2012

RTW - NaNo-ing

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
 
This Week's Topic is:
Are you doing NaNoWriMo, or have you ever? Does having a deadline inspire you?
 
I participated in NaNo for the first time last year.  If I'm honest I was absolutely exhausted by the end.  I had just started my new job and was balancing writing on top of getting into a routine.  It was quite hard at times to stick to the deadline.  This year I'm participating again and it should be easier.  I'm used to my routines and early mornings now.
 
But the deadline really helped.  It was motivating because I knew I didn't want to fail.  I wanted to reach 50K and I was determined to do it.  So while I'm tired at the end and a bit run down NaNo has been great in helping me learn to stick with the challenge and reach my target, not only achieving 50K but finishing a first draft. 
 
So bring on NaNo 2012!
 
Any fellow NaNo-ers out there? :)

12 comments:

  1. Bring on NaNo 2012 indeed! I agree with you about the deadline being a motivator. May you have a successful 2012 NaNo, Robin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, even tired and down, because of the challenge, of the deadline, we stick to it, we push ourselves, which is awesome!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, 50K in a month and a new job? That would be exhausting! I hope it will be easier this year. Good luck with NaNo 2012! I'm cheering you on from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome you stuck to it last year! This year will be a breeze for you, I'm sure! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The deadline is definitely a motivator, as is having others around your participating in the same thing. It's great to have that accountability. I imagine NaNo gets a little easier each time you do it too because you build up good strategies to help you stay on track and reach the goal. Good luck this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready! NaNo 2012 can't handle this force of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for NaNo 2012. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring It On is right! Can't wait. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your excitement :) For me, bring on the research and outlining! Maybe I'll shoot for 20k.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck to you! Getting that balance down is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone! And for everyone that's participating good luck too! =D

    ReplyDelete