Social Icons

1 Oct 2012

Heeeeeeere's Halloween!

MWAH HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ahem.

Today is the 1st October and you know what that means! Halloween is a-coming and it's time to warp your mind with the spooky and supernatural. MWAH HA HAAAAA!

I promise I'll stop doing that.

After Christmas, Halloween is my favourite time of the year.  It's the perfect time for a horror writer to get the creativity going and let the Halloween spirit inspire you.  Get the horror films on.  Pile up the horror books on your bedside table.  Read up on those tales that claim to be true in your local area.

For me I also love music and I have quite a few horror songs on my playlist that I usually have on repeat at this time of the year.  I love the old, fun favourite likes The Monster Mash and Ghostbusters but I have a few favourite that are quite chilling and always succeed at getting those grisly tales in my head, ready to be written down:

Alice Cooper: He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)

 

Lordi: Blood Red Sandman


Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds: Red Right Hand

 
 
Marilyn Manson: This is Halloween

 
What gets you in the mood for Halloween? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment