Social Icons

23 Jul 2012

Book Haul and Bargains

I've shown a couple of pictures over on twitter but I wanted to do a book haul post seeing as after today I have now gained some extra books and have a whole new TBR pile. 

It's a good thing I have a job. 

So the haul so far. (I say so far because I'm going to be buying more in the near future... I can't help myself) I've linked the titles to their goodreads page.

Excuse my cat's tail in this one... he wouldn't budge.

The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde

Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor(bargain at £4.99)


Specials by Scott Westerfeld

Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire

Extras by Scott Westerfeld (all 3 on offer, 3 for £5)

Tuck by Stephen R Lawhead (my bargain of the day at 99p!!!! =D)


The Works had a ton of books on sale or on offer so the book geek in me just had a field day.  Tuck, Extras, Specials, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Mirror Mirror and a book on ghosts all came up to £12.  If all that had been in Waterstones it would have probably cost me around £30 or more.  So while I felt bad about going on such a spending spree I felt a little better that my buys were from the Primark of book shops.

I do like to pop into The Works or any book stall at the city market and car boot sales.  The stalls are all second hand but when you can buy a book for £1.50 that's costing £7.99 at Waterstones it's worth it, especially if you're on a budget or, like me, trying to be good with your spending.  I've found books that have recently come out at a bargain price of £1.50 or come away with 5 to 10 books that all come up to about a fiver in total.

So next time you're at a car boot sale or market or if there's a charity book store nearby, pop in and give it a go.  You never know what you could find!

But I really have to be good after this haul.  I must be good...

3 comments:

  1. You have some great books there! I love seeing the different covers too (that what we have in Canada). Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some good reads there, Robin--and for a steal! That was good bargain hunting on your part. :)

    Have you read UGLIES and PRETTIES? I presume so, since you bought SPECIALS and EXTRAS. I'd be interested to know what you thought of the series when you've finished all four books. I came to care less about the characters and the world as the series progressed, but I thought EXTRAS was a return to form. So UGLIES and EXTRAS ended up being my 2 favourites from that set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. Looking forward to reading them! =D

    Colin, I actually haven't read any of Scott Westerfeld's books. I'm usually the type to buy in order first but with this offer I couldn't resist! Gonna search for the first two books today.

    ReplyDelete