12 Jun 2012
Top Ten Tuesdays: Beach Reads
So my top ten books would be:
1) The Duff by Kody Keplinger
2) Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
3) Everything Beautiful by Simmone Howell
4) Notes from the Teenage Underground by Simmone Howell
5) The Forbidden Game Trilogy by L J Smith
6) Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
7) The Princess Bride by William Goldman
8) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
9) The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares
10) Fear Street collectors's edition #6: Summer Horror by RL Stine
The reason I've chosen these books are because they were all very quick, easy reads for me. I just disappeared straight into their worlds, flicking the pages until I reached the end and was abruptly brought back into reality. I've also added in The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight because even though I wasn't a fan of it, I do think it would be perfect for anyone who wants to relax with a nice, simple YA romance novel. It's another easy read, perfect for those hot sunny days when you don't really want to dive into a long novel with a thousand and one sub-plots, tons and tons of characters, and mysteries to solve. And for those who want a little bit of a scary summer, RL Stine's Summer Horror collection from his Fear Street series is perfect for those quiet, hot nights.
I wanted to cheat and add in Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard but I haven't got round to reading it yet. I'm basing it entirely on the blurb which sounds like it would be perfect to read during the summer. It's what I'm actually saving it for. Once summer and the holidays get here I'm diving into the book to really get the feel of the adventure.
Anything you'd recommend? :) Have a look at everyone else's suggestions here.