Social Icons

3 Jun 2012

ROW80 Check-in 03/06/12

Finally JuNoWriMo has started! Yay! I've been looking forward to it since I signed up.  I had such a great time on NaNo that I couldn't wait to do the challenge again so JuNo sounded like my perfect solution to my impatient ways. 

I didn't manage to finish the first round of editing for Beast Inside but I got quite a fair bit done which I'm glad of.  I can still edit and see if maybe I get it all finished by the end of this ROW80 round in July. 

For now I've been concentrating on Inside the Broom Closet (feels nice and fresh to work on a new project) and dove straight into it.  Last Sunday I was hoping to have the first 5000 words done. 

So far I have written 10,002 words and getting a bit more done tonight.  See if I can get up to 15000 and for next Sunday I want to reach 20,000 words.  That'll be my target for the week.

Oh and get further into The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.  I've been reading faster these last couple of months and I'm lagging a bit now.  I want to keep to the 3 or 4 books a month that I've been achieving. 

Also, I want to speed my reading just so I get my teeth into these two awesome sounding books I picked up today:

Robin Hood

The Legend Begins Anew

For centuries, the legend of Robin Hood and his band of thieves has captivated the imagination. Now the familiar tale takes on new life, fresh meaning, and an unexpected setting.

Steeped in Celtic mythology and the political intrigue of medieval Britain, Stephen R. Lawhead's latest work conjures up an ancient past and holds a mirror to contemporary realities. Prepare yourself for an epic tale that dares to shatter everything you thought you knew about Robin Hood.

 You know the myth... A little girl named Alice tumbled down a rabbit hole and proceeded to have a charming adventure in the delightful, made-up world of Wonderland...
 

Now discover the truth... Wonderland Exists!
 

Alyss Heart, heir to the Wonderland throne, was forced to flee through the Pool of Tears after a bloody palace coup staged by the murderous Redd. Lost and alone in Victorian London, Alyss is befriended by an aspiring author to whom she tells the violent, heartbreaking story of her young life only to see it published as the nonsensical Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Alyss had trusted Lewis Carroll to tell the truth so that someone, somewhere would find her and bring her home. But Carroll had gotten it all wrong. He even misspelled her name! If not for royal bodyguard Hatter Madigan's nonstop search to locate the lost princess, Alyss may have become just another society woman sipping tea in a too-tight corset instead of returning to Wonderland to fight Redd for her rightful place as the Queen of Hearts.
 

Meet the heroic, passionate, monstrous, vengeful denizens of this parallel world as they battle each other with AD-52's and orb generators, navigate the Crystal Continuum, bet on jabberwock fights and travel across the Chessboard Desert

Be sure to check up on everyone else's progress!

2 comments:

  1. Those books do sound awesome. I think they need to find their way onto my TBR pile!

    Good luck with Camp NaNoWriMo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're doing great! I'm sure you'll be able to hit 20k by next Sunday!
    And those two books sound amazing!
    Have a great week and fun with JuNo!

    ReplyDelete