Social Icons

21 May 2012

Something witchy this way comes...

In one week and four days June will be here and I'll once again be zooming through a month of constant writing as I attempt to make it up to 50,000 words.  I've been planning Inside the Broom Closet slowly, getting the characters down, creating a playlist for inspiration, and pinning any pics that help me visualise characters or little scenes from the plot. 

Next week I'll introduce the shiny new characters but for now I've got the playlist I wanted to share and some pictures from my pinterest board.

The playlist

1) Wytches - Inkubus Sukkubus
2) Land of Confusion - Disturbed
3) Pagan Born - Inkubus Sukkubus
4) Minority - Green Day
5) Cassie - Flyleaf
6) Locking up the Sun - Poets of the Fall
7) Anarchy in the UK - The Sex Pistols
8) Holiday - Green Day

And some pictures:
The two teenage covens together.  Although, is it a good thing?

Me and my friends created this altar in the teen years


If you're caught...
 The rest you can find here if you're interested. :)

8 comments:

  1. I love those pictures! It's great you surround yourself with inspiration. I'm sure that makes it easier to write. (Things like music and pictures distract me though.) Best of luck reaching 50k words!
    (Laura_6 from AW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all witchy things ... I have an idea on my mind for quite some time now, but I'm not sure it's ready to turn into words on paper yet ;)
    Did you watch The Covenant? An old movie with 4 hunks that are witches? I kinda like that movie, even though it's a B or a C lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pictures. That seems to be a great way to start planning a story. I need to start planning for my Camp NaNo novel in June. I love stories about Witches to, so would be excited to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliana, I have! Bad acting but I quite enjoyed the film. The lore and history of their powers were really interesting. But my favourite witchy film is The Craft. That's a huge inspiration for this WiP.

    Thanks Lexa! Music's great in the background or when I'm listening to it before writing. But it can really distract me too if I'm trying to write at the same time. I always just end up dancing in my seat.

    Laura, I love stories about them too. When I was a teenager I was in love with LJ Smith's Secret Circle and Cate Tiernan's Wicca series. They were great books to read when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cate Tiernan's Wicca series is one of my favourite series! I couldn't get into the Secret Circle books, but I loved the TV series that's just come out.
    I've nominated you for a blog award to :) http://strangerthanwriting.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo thank you! I'll get those answers up on Tuesday. It'll be a perfect post for Blog Me MAYbe's Tuesday prompt.

    I need to finish the tv series off. I started watching it but all the breaks kept throwing me off the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Witchy stories rule :) I love witches. My next series (once I get through the current one) will probably involve witches. I love the Wicca series and The Secret Circle. Didn't feel much for the TV series though! Are you participating in JunNoWriMo or in CampNaNo or both?

    I'm a new follower!

    My Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The TV series didn't catch my interest as much as The Vampire Diaries have. But I never finished it so I might give it another chance. I'm too curious. :)

    I'm doing JuNo this year. Thought I'd try it out because I loved NaNo and couldn't wait until November! Are you doing any? Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete