Social Icons

20 May 2012

ROW80 Check In 20/05/12

Last week I said I hoped to start chapter six of Beast Inside sometime in the week.  It's going to be a short one, focusing on Caleb just straight after being attacked and bitten.  The aim there is to start showing some kind of distance in him already.  Denial, fear, and acting a little bizarre.  Part of it's the shock of what's just happened and what's he just realised actually exists in real life.  But the bite is turning him already as well.  I'm about half way through and going to finish that tonight.  I don't want pages and pages on Caleb and Joshua going :OHEMGEE VAMPS EXIST! DUDE... YOUR BITE HAS DISAPPEARED? WTF?

That's honestly not the way they talk in the book by the way. 

I'm so looking forward to getting Caleb all vamped up! Dude's gonna get evil! It's going to be so much fun this time round because there's more to write about his transformation.  I rushed it in the first draft so I never explored fully what he's going through, his feelings, and overall how bloodthirsty and hateful he's becoming.

To make this week a bit more challenging I'm hoping to write two more chapters by next Sunday.  I'll finish six tonight so I'm aiming to reach and finish chapter eight.  My overall aim was to finish this round of edits by the end of May, just so I've got June to leave it behind for a while and focus on Inside the Broom Closet.

Still planning a little bit on that WiP.  I've got more pictures up on pinterest that's helping me see the WiP more in my head.  I like a lot of visuals. :)

Come see how well everyone is doing this week! 

4 comments:

  1. The transformation is always my favourite part in a vampire novel... Hope the writing goes well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Sounds like fun!
    Good luck with those 2 chapters ;)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck meeting your goals! I'm actually getting ready to write up a revision plan for myself, despite my impatience
    to move on.

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you meet your goals there - transformation into a nasty ? could be fun - could be a lot of fun:) all the best for this week

    ReplyDelete