Social Icons

13 May 2012

ROW80 Check in 13/05/12

Last week I was hoping to reach the beginning of chapter five for Beast Inside.  Well, just a few more pages to go and I think that will be finished tonight.  When it comes to the next round of editing it's going to need a little more atmosphere and tension but for now I'm pleased with it and also pleased with how the plot has flowed so far.  Much, much better than the first draft.  It's been handy working chapter by chapter, making notes of what to edit on the first draft and then writing a lot of notes on what I want from this chapter.  That's been my best way to edit.

For my JuNo project Inside the Broom Closet, I've started the character notes.  First for my four main characters and have pages saved for the secondary ones.  I'll just keep working on the plans now and again throughout the month until it's time for June. 

Next week, I'm hoping to have the main characters all written down for ItBC and start chapter six of BI sometime this week for next Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you've been doing well this week, that's great!I need to get started on my preparations for JuNoWrMo too, May is going by fast! If you're interested, I'm tackling the issue of self-editing on my blog today: http://emcastellan.com/2012/05/13/row-check-in-5-the-art-of-self-editing-your-novel/ Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you've been doing great! Yeah, I'm also making all preparations for my JuNo project. Can't wait to start it!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you had a good week and hey, anytime one is happy with their progress, that is success. Wish you the best for the coming week and for JuNo - sounds like you have things well in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck JuNoers! :D I can't wait to get writing!

    ROW80 is really helping with organising my time better and setting achievable deadlines each week. Very glad I signed up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. another JuNo'ers here - preparations well ahead here - you seem to have had good week of editing - keep smiling and all best for this week

    ReplyDelete