Social Icons

4 Apr 2012

RTW: Show me the love!

Welcome to our 123rd Road Trip Wednesday!

Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


This Week's Topic:
Who has helped you on your reading/writing/publishing journey?

I immediately thought of the friends I knew in high school.  When I was thirteen I told a close friend that I used to write stories when I was younger.  Her one question sparked that love of writing again: 'Why don't you write some more things?'

My friends were always supportive.  When they found out that I wrote they begged to see what I was coming up with.  So I started this supernatural series that can only be described as Buffy meets Spooksville and my friends would read the stories when they were finished.  And they liked them.  Looking back they were poorly written but despite that my friends were always encouraging, telling me to keep going and consider getting published when I'm older.  They helped me gain confidence in writing and showing it.  If it wasn't for them I'd probably still be writing in secret.

5 comments:

  1. You're lucky to have such great, supportive friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool, Robin--that your friends were excited to see what you were writing, especially back when you needed just that kind of encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Friends can be your best support team. I have a friend like that and every time we talk she asks me if I wrote anything new and when can she read it. It really gets you pumped and excited especially if you hit a wall and they're there rooting you on because they want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a real confidence boost. :) I'm so grateful for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww - that's so good to have supportive friends. Mine just think of my writing as a fad, I think ;)

    ReplyDelete