Social Icons

25 Apr 2012

RTW: Book of the Month

Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic:

What was the best book you read in April?

Did well this month. :) I managed to get on with three books, now starting the fourth (Stardust) which I'd love to see if I get done by next Tuesday.  Usually I'm a slow reader, just getting through two in a month. 

On my reading list this April:

The Duff by Kody Keplinger
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (soon to be reviewed)
Stardust by Neil Gaiman (Still reading)
And the best book of April goes to... *drumroll*
The Duff by Kody Keplinger.

You can read the full review here so to summarise why I loved this book: Real people, an honest author, and overall a book I wish I had on my shelf when I was a teenager.  Just turning the pages and seeing everyone from the most popular to the invisible students having insecurities and feeling ugly would have helped me gain some confidence.  So I'd happily recommend this to any insecure teenager.  Whether intentional or not, this book provided a message: you're not the only one.

Join in on YA Highway's RTW! What's your favourite book of the month?

4 comments:

  1. I plan to read CATCHING FIRE soon... though I'll probably re-read THE HUNGER GAMES first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the film of Stardust. I wasn't quite so keen on the book though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed THE DUFF, too. Definite best book of the month material :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this is getting bumped up the TBR list. I've been meaning to read it but it sounds from your review like something I'd really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete