Social Icons

28 Apr 2012

Blog Me MAYbe

Blog Me MAYbe is a bloghop in May hosted by Sarah McClung.  I found this over on Juliana's blog and lept for it.  I know I struggle to balance work, writing, reading, and blogging;  I also have trouble with finding things to blog about that won't send a reader to sleep out of boredom.  I'll have a post in mind and think: is this actually interesting or will I end up curing insomnia?

My task for the two weeks:

I follow a weekly schedule for the whole of May to help me post regularly and have topics to discuss.  This isn't the type of bloghop where you have to follow every person that gets involved as well and comment on every post.  Go for it if you want to but the focus is helping you stick to blogging.

The schedule: (Information taken from Sarah's blog)

Mondays: May I tell you something about writing?
This can be anything writing-related. A post on craft. A post on your process. A snippet of your WIP, if you like to share. A book on craft that you want to recommend. Things you struggle with. Things you rock at. ANYTHING at all!

Tuesdays: May I tell you something about myself?
Pretty self-explanatory :) Share something about yourself that your followers might not know. Or maybe they do. It doesn't matter--this is just so people who read your blog can get to know you a little better.

Wednesdays: May I ask something about you?
Ask your followers something about themselves.


Thursdays: May I tell you something about someone else?
Make this post about someone else. A writing friend. A critique partner. A person from history who's fascinating. A character from a book. Anyone you want. :) Have a guest poster. Give an interview. Get creative! Just let the spotlight shine on someone else.

Fridays: May I share something funny?
Fridays = the starts of weekends! BOOYA. Reason to celebrate and laugh on it's own--plus, who doesn't want to see something amusing after a long week?

I hope this might be of interest to anyone else.  I linked Sarah's blog at the beginning of the post so you can sign up too, if you wish.  It sounds like it's going to be really helpful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment