Social Icons

28 Mar 2012

RTW: Book of the Month

Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
This Week's Topic:
What was the best book you read in March?
 
I may be cheating here because I haven't exactly finished reading it although I'm quite close to.  While I loved the concept of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith I have to give the vote to what I'm currently reading: Cinder by Marissa Meyer. 
 
I'm a fan of retellings because I love to see what writers can do with a famous tale.  And Meyer's Cinder is by far the most imaginative.  That's what I'm really loving at the moment.  I love the cyborg aspect, the threatening Lunar empire, and the plague.  It's futuristic and sci-fi which has turned me into a complete fangirl and squeeing.  I won't go into too much detail of the book because I'll review when I've finished it.  But in response to RTW, my best book of the month is Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
 
What's yours? :)
 
 

7 comments:

  1. This is one I really want to check out

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not cheating - March isn't over! ;) And this one is on my TBR list too! Glad to hear good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was one of my March Runners-up! A great read for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this one and I agree with you: CINDER is such an imaginative way to go through the re-telling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much about this book, but I didn't know it was out here in the UK. Might have to pop out to Waterstone's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I'm not sure if it's published in print over here. But keep an eye out for the book if it is! I got my copy on kindle so at least there's always that to find it on. :)

    Thanks everyone for the comments. If it's on your TBR list I think you will enjoy. It's very imaginative and I'm enjoying it more and more as I read it. :)

    Elodie, I have to thank you for bringing my attention to the book. I read about it on your blog and was dying to check it out.

    ReplyDelete