Social Icons

19 Mar 2012

The Lucky 7 Meme

Theresa tagged me in the Lucky 7 meme so it's time to stop being a coward and actually start showing a small bit from my recent WiP, Beast Inside.  It's the only project I'm working on at the mo and I haven't reached page 77 in terms of editing yet so excuse the poor first draft.  Big thank you to Theresa for tagging me and giving me encouragement. 

The rules of the meme:
1) Go to page 77 of your current MS
2) Go to line 7
3) Copy down the next 7 lines as they're written--no cheating
4) Tag 7 other writers
5) Let them know

You'll find info on Beast Inside on the WiPs page of the blog.  By page 77, Caleb's dead and not so gone.  He's now el nosferatu and his brother Luca and best friend Josh are tracking him down immediately to kill the newly fanged teenager.  Will they succeed? Can't say!

"I am Caleb, you know." It chuckled and tapped its head slowly. "Got the memories."
"You're not him," Luca snapped.
It nodded, still laughing.
"You're not!"
"Don't speak to it," Josh whispered.
The monster gestured to itself. "I think I changed my mind about all this." He began circling the two boys. "You know that person I killed last night? It was fun." He ran his tongue along his fangs, smirking.

It honestly will improve.  I really think the dialogue is cheesy at the moment so lots of work needed there.

So the people I want to tag are:

Susan Francino @ The Feather and The Rose
Tyler-Rose Counts @ The Feather and The Rose
Sarah Enni
Emma Maree
Kyra Lennon @ Write Here, Write Now
Ann Elise Monte @ Coldfire Writer

I'm really sorry if you've been tagged by others as well.  Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

4 comments:

  1. I don't read a lot of vampire fiction (hardly any, in fact). Are they usually referred to as "it"? Interesting snippet. Thanks for sharing, Robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag, Robin! We'll post ours soon. :D I'm not sure if Tyler-Rose has a page 77 of her current WIP yet, but we shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see, Susan!

    @ Colin In my WiP, I'm referring to them as 'it' and 'creature', 'monster' etc. I'm trying to steer away from the humanised vamp we get today and go back to the folkloric, demonic one. See if it works out or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me!

    I'll post mine as soon as I get home. Can't say it'll be as good as your vampire snippet though - folkloric, demonised vamps sound a lot better than SMeyer's sparkleeee ones :)

    ReplyDelete