Social Icons

16 Feb 2012

Tag, you're it!

I've been tagged by Colin! I have 11 eleven questions to answer and afterwards tag another 11 people, making up my own questions for them.  Mwahahaha... No, I'm kidding.  I'll do nice questions. *pinky swears*

This is Colin's blog that I do hope you'll check out and join. 

And here are the questions:
  1. Which fictional character would you love to invite over for dinner? Sherlock Holmes.  To see if I can fool him and try and get some tips on the art of deduction.  I would love to have a mind like Holmes.
  2. Think of one person you aren’t able to see for whatever reason (distance, availability, etc.) you would love to meet up with. Who is this person? This can be a famous person, a relative, a literary agent–anyone, as long as they are alive. A close friend from London for a lot of catching up and delicious Chinese or Japanese food.  Now that I've moved up North I don't get to see her often, which I miss greatly.
  3. Which “classic” novel do you think least deserves that title? Heart  of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.  I found the story a little hard to follow at times with the narrative being experimental.  I was never a fan of Modernist novels.  I've read books that do better at portraying African history (e.g: The Colour Purple).
  4. If you could be any historical figure, who would that be and why? Rosa Parks.  That one act of protest led to the Montgomery Bus boycott.  It sparked so much awareness about the lack of civil rights for African Americans that I admire her very much. 
  5. Where in the world would you most like to visit, and why? Italy.  I've never been before and I adore Italian food.  I'd be in heaven!
  6. If you were a crayon, what colo(u)r would you be, and why? Purple because that's my favourite colour.
  7. Let’s pretend you have J. K. Rowling’s bank account. What’s for dinner tonight? I'd go out to eat.  A treat for me and the boyfriend.  We don't really dine out because we can't afford it so I'd like that chance to just splash out.  Nothing fancy though.  We'd probably end up at Pizza Hut. We're fans of the Ice Cream Factory. :)
  8. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi
  9. Tea or Coffee? Coffee
  10. Think of your favo(u)rite band or song from the 1960s or 1970s. What/who is it? Life on Mars by David Bowie.
  11. When you get (or got) “the call” from an agent, who will be (or was) the first person you will tell (or you told)? My boyfriend.  Then I'd phone my family up straight after.  Hope I get that opportunity in the future. :)
I'll raise a guilty hand and admit I borrowed this idea of Jaime.  I've just done those blog awards and I don't know that many people still so I'll just be repeating blogs I've tagged already and the last thing they probably want is to add more meme posts when they probably want to talk about their writing or books.  So, if you like the questions and want to add them on your blog, feel free to.  But do link your answers here or just leave a comment.  I'd love to read them. :)

Here are the questions:

1) Which books of today do you think could be considered classic literature in years to come? It can be from any market and any genre. 
2) What book would you love to see turned into a film and why?
3) We can all have little fantasies about our writing turned into films.  So be honest here... have you chosen a cast for your novel? And if so, who have you picked?
4) Describe your dream holiday.
5) Favourite childhood show?
6) Did you have an idol growing up? If so, who?
7) Is there a particular time of day you prefer writing?
8) If you could have a superpower what would it be?
9) Is there a genre you haven't written for before that you would like to try in the future?
10) Is there anything you're most looking forward to this year?
11) Apart from writing and reading, what are your hobbies?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Robin--and great answers! I see we both want to get into Sherlock's head, just by different means. :)

    I'm completely fine with you offering up your questions to whoever wants to answer them. I hope you get some takers--they're good questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU AND I HAVE AN AWESOME TASTE IN MUSIC. HIGH FIVE!!!

    I thought about having dinner with Mr Holmes, but I decided I didn't want to have my whole life and motivations set out in front of me... not that I really came to any kind of a decision :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, love the Sherlock Holmes answer. That would be very, very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Colin. :) I had lot of fun answering your questions.

    *High fives Miss Cole* =D Bowie Love all the way!

    Thanks Kelley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally second Heart of Darkness. What a stinkwad. I almost chose that one because it tops my list for Worst Book Ever Read.

    Confession: My MC's somethin' somethin' looks like Julian Morris in my head. He's just so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete