Social Icons

24 Dec 2011

Christmas Love...

Merry Christmas everybody! It's such a magical time of the year that turns me into a kid again and as much as I love Christmas day and can't wait for it to arrive I also love the build up to it.  There are so many things I love about the holidays and December so here's a list of my top five things at Christmas:

1) Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty McColl
This has been my favourite Christmas song for years.  As soon as I hear it I'm dancing around the kitchen and singing along with it (almost forgetting about the baking I'm doing!). 


2) Christmas baking
I love cooking but something about Christmas gets me in a crazy baking mood.  I take one step into the kitchen and I have my apron on and ingredients out ready to cook some goodies. 
This year I made my first Christmas cake and attempted mince pies too for the first time.  The cake was a success but I had trouble with the mince pies.  Apparently they taste fine but looks wise they're messy and the mincemeat leaked. 

3) The Muppet Christmas Carol
Blame the kid inside me.  I love this version of A Christmas Carol, not just because the awesome Michael Caine is Scrooge but also because the Muppets are involved.  They were my childhood and I cling onto childhood loves.  Hook taught me to never let go of your youth. 

4) Doctor Who Christmas Special
Christmas now means Doctor Who specials.  It always make a nice end to the day after filling up on Christmas dinners, treats, and puddings.  They're usually quite silly - last year there was a flying shark and this year it's Narnia inspired.  Fun to watch. :)

5) Decorating
I love decorating the flat at Christmas.  I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to decorations.  Everything has to be red, green, and gold and we have a tiny little tree as well with mini baubles and tinsel on.  I have Christmas spray all around the flat and it always looks cosy and warm this time of year.  I love the way it looks and makes me feel.  I'm just happy the whole time!

Is Christmas your favourite time of the year? What's the best thing about the holidays for you?

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!

    My friends and I all meet up in Starbucks to exchange Secret Santa gifts on Christmas Eve. It's a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you!

    I do something similar with my close friend. Although it's not at Christmas Eve. We usually do a meet up the week leading up to Christmas, either with a day at the cinema and meal out or a quick trip to Costa for a coffee.

    ReplyDelete